Annual Pass Room Discout Dates

scrappinginontario

I'm trying to run some numbers to see what the best option for my DD and I will be.

We currently have a 10 day trip booked in August that includes Free Dining. We intend to return for 2 days in November.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth while purchasing Annual Passes for the 2 of us as I really do not want to lose the free dining. I'm trying to make our Disney trips and annual thing so would plan to return in August of 2013 prior to the expiration of our AP's.

One question I have is, are the dates published anywhere that show what dates room discounts are available to AP holders? Our experience in November has been that there are few discounts available due to the Food and Wine Festival.

Punching numbers....

That's very helpful patink! Thanks so much!!

I think this year might be the first time we purchase Annual Passes! *gulp* and YAY!! :cheer2:

If you upgraded to annual passes after you arrive you would not lose your free dining on this trip. You will want to check to make sure that the price of your current tickets is not more than the AP. If they are just scale them back now so that you won't "lose" any money when you upgrade.

Thanks WTDing. Have you done this? I read something similar yesterday but wasn't sure if it was accurate. I'd fell sick if I got there and the change made us lose our free dining plan.

The other thing is that quite likely we will be returning in November 2013 (after our AP's have expired) for a 2 day trip. It would be nice not to need to purchase park passes for those 2 days if I bought the AP with this year's trip plus the minimum 2 day passes and then had the cast member remove the 2 day passes so that we don't accidentally use them.

Our current Disney adventures seem to be a full 8-10 day trip each August then a quick 2 day trip in November when visiting my parents.

Will give your idea some thought though for sure!

Thanks WTDing. Have you done this? I read something similar yesterday but wasn't sure if it was accurate. I'd fell sick if I got there and the change made us lose our free dining plan.

The other thing is that quite likely we will be returning in November 2013 (after our AP's have expired) for a 2 day trip. It would be nice not to need to purchase park passes for those 2 days if I bought the AP with this year's trip plus the minimum 2 day passes and then had the cast member remove the 2 day passes so that we don't accidentally use them.

Our current Disney adventures seem to be a full 8-10 day trip each August then a quick 2 day trip in November when visiting my parents.

Will give your idea some thought though for sure!

We have done the FD package and upgraded to AP's every other year since the FD was offered. We have never lost our FD entitlements and not had any issues.

I have no idea what you mean by the part in bold. You won't have 2 day tickets left to remove from the KTTK card. If you ge the AP you need to buy your package w/ FD and use those tickets to upgrade to AP. For you Nov trip there will be no minimum ticket purchase required to book a room w/ the AP discount (there is almost no scenario when FD a 2nd time would be the best financial decision in this case).

Most people apply the 2 day tickets that they had to buy for free dining (or 1 day with paid dining) towards the cost of the APs. I know that's what we do, but you could save the 2 day tickets for your future trip and pay the entire cost of the APs.

I have no idea what you mean by the part in bold. You won't have 2 day tickets left to remove from the KTTK card. If you ge the AP you need to buy your package w/ FD and use those tickets to upgrade to AP. For you Nov trip there will be no minimum ticket purchase required to book a room w/ the AP discount (there is almost no scenario when FD a 2nd time would be the best financial decision in this case).

I know pirategirl007. It's very confusing!

My thoughts were that IF I had to purchase a minimum 2 day ticket to secure our Free Dining then I would do that as well as purchase the Annual Passes.

Then, I would ask the CM to remove the 2 day passes from my KTTK card and I would keep those tickets in paper form.

I would use our AP's for:
10 days in August/Sept 2012
2 days in November 2012
10 days early in August 2013 (prior to expiry) and then

In November of 2013 I would use the 2 day paper passes that I purchase this August with our package.

But, if what all of you are saying is correct and that I can get my current package (including the free dining) with a 2 day ticket and then once I go into a park upgrade my 2 day tickets to Annual Passes without losing my free dining then it's a win-win situation and I won't have to buy the extra 2 day tickets.

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I'm leaning towards getting the AP's.

Also, another silly question - An AP for WDW is not valid at DL in California - correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter