Annual Pass Rumors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. In one of your posts you'd said something about Magic Key at Disney World and I was confused.
I followed our line of posts all the way back and did not find a reference to a Magic key at Disney World in my post. If you can find it let me know please.

I followed our line of posts all the way back and did not find a reference to a Magic key at Disney World in my post. If you can find it let me know please.
Really, it's no big deal. I think at this point it was just a mistyped word and you meant Disneyland. I wasn't certain at the time which is why I asked. I thought maybe I'd missed something and there was a program for FL residents only that I'd not noticed. Only showing since you asked.

The post in the quote has been edited since which is why you can't find it

Here's the full post as it was when I quoted your post, with the referenced part in bold. You can find this post in #466 (on page 24 for me)
1660744139798.png

and if you click the arrow in the quoted post here's the quoted post it takes you to, post #463. This post shows it was edited at 10 something PM
Warning. This post may contain speculation, conjecture or opinions.

For the DLR Magic Key renewals, Disney’s new terms and conditions discloses the park reservation system has separate fixed allocations (buckets) of reservations for passholders. If that bucket runs out, Disney may still have allocations for ticketed or other types of guests.

This changes everything. Going forward there are now tiers and blockout calendars. Plus, passholders are informed and can expect that the allocation of reservations for the passholder bucket may run dry.

How bad will it get? Nobody knows. Disney could sell 1,000,000 passes and put just 100 park reservations in the MK/AP bucket for that day. Totally up to them. Oh and buying an MK or AP waives your legal remedies.

Well, I could spend $1,600 on a pass and never get lucky enough to win a single reservation.
Sort of like buying lottery tickets.

A contradiction ⬆️ They would rather fill the parks with day guests than AP guests BUT the day guests can't get reservations the rest of the month, but AP can???

Every single AP can get reservations at the MK and all the parks every single day they are eligible for the rest of the month.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Doesn't sound like Disney doesn't want APs ~ they could easily block them and move slots to the other buckets. What this says TO ME is that Disney is depending on APs to fill the parks. APs can opt to not come at all if they can't get a park they want - while regular ticket holders have to use their tickets so WDW can force them to the other parks.

MY OPINION ONLY ⬇️

Disney offers APs for Disney's benefit and I would be shocked if they went away, especially WDW. Do they likely need some adjusting? yes, at both parks and we'd each have an opinion based on our own scenario. For 9 years I had an out of state WDW AP. For the last 6 years I have had a FL WDW AP. Either way I need hotels, dining etc. all those same expenses out of state guests have.

The other thing is that the more people fill up the non Disney hotels in the Universal-IDrive-Disney corridor, the higher it raises the price for all those hotels plus the Disney hotels.

So having more out of state AP's who have to use even the non Disney hotels in the area actually benefits Disney monetarily.

Imagine if they raised the highest pass to $2000 and still included the Christmas-New Years blockout. Ouch. I do think when APs return to WDW, they will get a price increase and maybe more blockouts. I don't think I would want to pay over $1200 for the Sorcerer's Pass (the one I have right now).

I doubt discounted Genie+ will ever come to WDW but we'll see. That would be a great perk (but not as good as after 4 Express that the top Universal AP gets).

Mickey Not so Scary and Mickey Christmas already serve as partial block out dates for even the highest level of AP.

Really, it's no big deal. I think at this point it was just a mistyped word and you meant Disneyland. I wasn't certain at the time which is why I asked. I thought maybe I'd missed something and there was a program for FL residents only that I'd not noticed. Only showing since you asked.

The post in the quote has been edited since which is why you can't find it

Here's the full post as it was when I quoted your post, with the referenced part in bold. You can find this post in #466 (on page 24 for me)
View attachment 694742

and if you click the arrow in the quoted post here's the quoted post it takes you to, post #463. This post shows it was edited at 10 something PM
There it is (was) in the post as you said. It was a mistake on my part. Anyway, thank you for finding it. I was going to go back and edit, but it was already done.
Again, Thank you Mrs.AMC

There it is (was) in the post as you said. It was a mistake on my part. Anyway, thank you for finding it. I was going to go back and edit, but it was already done.
Again, Thank you Mrs.AMC
Sure. Like I said. No big deal. I wasn’t sure if I’d missed something since so much is different about AP for FL residents. They only offer one kind non DVC outside FL (basically, with and without waterparks, but it’s one type otherwise) but several in state

I took a quick glance at the new keys and it mentions the blackout dates, class action waivers, arbitration, and bucket availability, but it doesn’t say anything about guaranteed minimum usage or what constitutes a bucket size, does it? So theoretically, they could provide a max of 100 AP slots per day and sell 5 million APs and wash their hands of it and you’d have little effective recourse. I don’t think they would do that, but they could, right?

I took a quick glance at the new keys and it mentions the blackout dates, class action waivers, arbitration, and bucket availability, but it doesn’t say anything about guaranteed minimum usage or what constitutes a bucket size, does it? So theoretically, they could provide a max of 100 AP slots per day and sell 5 million APs and wash their hands of it and you’d have little effective recourse. I don’t think they would do that, but they could, right?
Yes. They could.

But they wouldn't, would they? Maybe no one could sue them, although someone could certainly try, but that'd be very damaging publicity for Disney.
Who knows? Time will tell how well AP holders in Disneyland will fare in the future.

But they wouldn't, would they? Maybe no one could sue them, although someone could certainly try, but that'd be very damaging publicity for Disney.
It is very, very, very unlikely such a drastic thing would happen. We really don't need to think about it.

You have to appreciate the fact that Disney didn't fix what caused the lawsuit in the first place, they just removed the legal remedies available to prevent a future lawsuit. It really does speak volumes about how they feel about their customers.
Yes. But don't dwell on it. It will just make you unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter