Annual pass start date

Mom3girls

DIS Veteran
I purchased an annual pass just to get the room discount a few weeks ago. We had a long four day weekend planned just laying around the pool to relax so pass was never used to enter a park. My question is when does my year start? The day I purchased the pass or the first time we enter the park? We are definitely planning to go in late Nov but if my year has already started we may go sooner

You should be able to look it up in the App & see if there's an expiration date.

You should be able to look it up in the App & see if there's an expiration date.
Didn’t know that I could do that. When I purchased the annual pass at the counter at Dockside I didn’t receive any paperwork. In fact the employee who sold it to me was quite rude. I received the card and a paper receipt, nothing else. Do I just look on the Universal app or is there a passholder app that I wasn’t informed about?

I have only used the UO App. You could also call to see if it has been activated.

You could message them
GuestServices@UniversalOrlando.com
or just call. They answer phones usually fast
407-363-8000 and I think they are Open until 10 tonight …
You probably need to verify your actual statrt date since you did not enter a theme park yet. I wouldn’t mention using it for discount at resort .
I did just look up my online account and it really just has dates for previous stays and my address but nothing about AP expire dates.
But I did recently get a email reminder to Update !

Did you give them your email info when you purchased ?
(Keep your receipt just in case ) … and be sure to add your email if you want the reminder for Update with that renewal discount !in a year.

Which pass did you purchase? You need to know about benefits of the different levels of AP . Like Parking at the City Walk Garage .
The most expensive pass includes After 4 Express one time only per attractions that have Express Pass and early entry for specific theme park without resort stay and a Complimentary Halloween ticket for certain dates . I have never been told No Discount ever no matter what I am purchasing (except for bandaids at the resort gift shop Haha .

Good luck

Last edited:

The wallet in the App is where the AP barcodes & activation/expiration dates are listed. Mine's expired, but you can still access the dates & AP #.

A359F1E7-90DC-471F-9143-B6BD7CE4B598.jpeg

Thank you
I guess I missed that !

Looks likeI need to update my new AP and link it to my account.

Those 3 lines in upper right hand corner will allow you to register your personal info and that will be how you Sign in once registered.
Don’t forget your password like I do all the time…
But they will send a link to to your cellphone to verify , the first time you sign up to register.
I hate all this by the way.
Probably need to get APP but my cellphone is already SLOW .
And I never carry it into the parks
I am sure this is obvious to everybody but me and Mom3girls today.
My family would laugh that I am trying to be helpful online !

A8F0CABC-1AAE-431F-BBC7-438220AB05B1.png

Hope I have not confused you too much !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter