Annual pass worth it for discount?

LONES

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to get an annual pass for an upcoming trip. There is currently a room discount offer for AP holders that says "up to 40% off". Is there a way to find out if the resort we want for the week we want would be included in that offer?

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to get an annual pass for an upcoming trip. There is currently a room discount offer for AP holders that says "up to 40% off". Is there a way to find out if the resort we want for the week we want would be included in that offer?

You'll have to call and ask.

If you post dates/resort, often DISers are happy to search. Or you can call, whatever suits you.

There are only a few resorts that actually have the 40% off at the moment, and I'd caution we're seeing unusually attractive AP rates in the current promotion, presumably due to bookings being down a bit in advance of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening 8/28. Over time you can go through periods of limited/low AP discounts and times where they are more appealing/abundant, it really varies by time of year, resort, room type, etc.

And just a warning, anything you save on this one trip will be blown with multiple future trips - APs can be addicting. :-)

Call and ask, I did and they were happy to tell me and work out what the price of our stay would be. I went ahead and made the reservation without the AP and bought it later, though they will sell you one at the time of booking if you prefer. It has to be activated before you check in or you will be charged the rack rate, so If you go this route, don't forget to buy it!

Or, as mentioned above, if you post your dates and resort, someone can look it up for you.

AP discount availability can be limited. Here are the "up to" discounts for each resort. Like GADisneyDad14 posted above, if you post your dates and resort, someone with an AP will check for you. We do it all the time in the AP Watch Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...anuary-june-30-now-available-to-book.3713914/

April 28 through June 30th -
Book Through June 30, 2019

Discounts:
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort 30%
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort 25%
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort 25%
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort 25%
Disney’s Pop Century Resort 25%

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 35%
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 35%
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort 30%
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 15%
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 10%

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 40%
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn 40%
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 40%
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 40%
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 30%
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 20%
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort 20%
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 20%

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House 40%
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village 40%
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas 40%
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 40%
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa 40%

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 20%
Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 20%
Disney’s Beach Club Villas 20%
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios Only 20%

Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates
Stays most nights April 28 through June 30, 2019

Length of Stay Requirements
  • Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per-adult charges may apply if more than two adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts and Studios at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
  • Valid theme park admission or annual pass is required to enjoy the parks.

Is Bay Lake Towers ever included in the discounts?
It's not specifically excluded. There has to be availability under the discount, though.
P.S. - it's not included in this offer, but not one of the ones that are blanket "never included" like the Poly bungalows and the WLV Copper cabins.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter