Annual pass

I have been looking on member website but could not find it. If we bought them now but did not start using til April would we still get our year from April to April?

I have been looking on member website but could not find it. If we bought them now but did not start using til April would we still get our year from April to April?
On the member website, the information is under: My DVC Membership > Perks > WDW (tab) > Tickets & Tours.

If you pre-purchase a NEW AP (either on-line or by calling DVC), you have to activate the pass at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location at WDW. Your one year will begin upon activation.

If you pre-order, be sure to get the voucher number so you can get fast passes before you go.

Regarding the annual pass, can you go ahead and do your fastpass+ reservations before the annual pass is activated?

If you pre-order, be sure to get the voucher number so you can get fast passes before you go.

If you order online and are logged into MDE, it will automatically link it. That's what I did when I bought mine.

Regarding the annual pass, can you go ahead and do your fastpass+ reservations before the annual pass is activated?

Yes. If you are staying onsite, for your length of stay at 60 days. If you are offsite, it's only up to 7 days at 30 days, one day at a time.

We are going to Disney next month for the 2nd time ever and are contemplating coming back next year. We are considering buying annual passes for each of us. We have already purchased our tickets, dining and resort package for this year. I know that if we decide to purchase annual passes once we arrive in October that they will take the amount we have already paid for tickets and apply it to the cost of the annual pass. We will then pay the remaining balance. My question is this, do annual passes expire one year from the exact day that you purchase them or do they expire at the end of the purchase month? For example, if I buy them Oct. 12, 2015 will they expire Oct. 12, 2016? Or would they be good thru the month of October? I know this is a strange question, but we have very difficult work schedules and we have year round school, so trying to coordinate vacation time can be very frustrating for our family. I appreciate all of your help!

If you order online and are logged into MDE, it will automatically link it. That's what I did when I bought mine.

Yes. If you are staying onsite, for your length of stay at 60 days. If you are offsite, it's only up to 7 days at 30 days, one day at a time.
Wonderful! Thanks for the quick response.

My question is this, do annual passes expire one year from the exact day that you purchase them or do they expire at the end of the purchase month? For example, if I buy them Oct. 12, 2015 will they expire Oct. 12, 2016? Or would they be good thru the month of October?

If you pre-purchase a NEW AP (on-line or through DVC), you have to activate the pass once you arrive at WDW. If you activate on 10/12/2015, the AP will be valid through 10/12/2016.
If you purchase a NEW AP on-property, it's one year from date of purchase. If you purchase on 10/12/2015, the AP will be valid through 10/12/2016 with one exception.

If you use your package ticket at least once and then do the upgrade, the start date will be back dated to the day you first use the MYW ticket. The expiration date will then be 1 year from the date the MYW ticket was first used. Example: first use of MYW is 10/10/2015 and you upgrade to an AP on 10/12/2015, the AP will expire on 10/10/2016.

Last edited:
If you purchase a NEW AP on-property, it's one year from date of purchase (purchase 10/12/2015, expires 10/12/2016).
If you pre-purchase a NEW AP (on-line or through DVC), you have to activate the pass once you arrive at WDW. If you activate on 10/12/2015, the AP will be valid through 10/12/2016 with one exception.

If you use your package ticket at least once and then do the upgrade, the start date will be back dated to the day you first use the MYW ticket. The expiration date will then be 1 year from the date the MYW ticket was first used. Example: first use of MYW is 10/10/2015 and you upgrade to an AP on 10/12/2015, the AP will expire on 10/10/2016.
Thank you so much for the info! This really helps me out ALOT!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:Bought annual pass and linked to MDE. So good to have wdw plans. Sunday book DVC resort

if i purchase AP online, can i activate it online ie for purposes of Fast Passes?, also i read above that its 30 days offsite plus 7, what does the plus 7 mean im confused

if i purchase AP online, can i activate it online ie for purposes of Fast Passes?, also i read above that its 30 days offsite plus 7, what does the plus 7 mean im confused
If you pre-purchase, you can link it to MDE which will allow advance FP+ selections. Linking to MDE will not activate the pass, that will still need to be done at either a park ticket window or guest relations location at WDW.

If you are an Annual Passholder, you are also invited to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. Your 7 days don’t have to be consecutive and you can plan for an additional day as soon as one of your existing days has passed.

You can choose up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day up to 30 days in advance of your visit—so you can relax and enjoy the moment with your family and friends, knowing that some of your must-do attractions and entertainment are all set.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in. Plus, you may hold FastPass+ selections for up to 7 days or the length of your hotel stay—whichever is greater!

After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.

Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.

If you pre-purchase, you can link it to MDE which will allow advance FP+ selections. Linking to MDE will not activate the pass, that will still need to be done at either a park ticket window or guest relations location at WDW.

If you are an Annual Passholder, you are also invited to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. Your 7 days don’t have to be consecutive and you can plan for an additional day as soon as one of your existing days has passed.

You can choose up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day up to 30 days in advance of your visit—so you can relax and enjoy the moment with your family and friends, knowing that some of your must-do attractions and entertainment are all set.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in. Plus, you may hold FastPass+ selections for up to 7 days or the length of your hotel stay—whichever is greater!

After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.

Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.

Thank you so much ! Very Helpful !

Now the debate AP or No, would love some feedback. We are a family of 5 we go annually usually 7-10 park visits when there, with parking etc it does it makes sense for at least one AP?

Now the debate AP or No, would love some feedback. We are a family of 5 we go annually usually 7-10 park visits when there, with parking etc it does it makes sense for at least one AP?
Can you make your annual trips fit within 366 days? For example, go in July this year and June next year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter