• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

What I’m thinking, either people do a heck a lot more park days then us or I’m missing something. On numerous boards people are going crazy that AP are back, again just wanted to know if I’m the idiot in the room.
We do 7 to 10 Park days a year. The AP makes sense because we stagger our annual trips by 51 and 53 weeks.

For example, our trip last year was Sept 1 -10. This year it's Aug 21 to 31. Even though it's a once a year trip, it's a single annual pass (we bought our pass pre-covid but didn't activate until last year). We will then let the pass expire. Assuming it's still available, we will purchase this September a new AP, but only activate it in Sept 2024.

I didn't get the email (can't make sense how these come because I get others) Anyway not sure if anyone knows but are we still getting a DVC discount or just early access?
You are getting early access and the ability to purchase the Sorcerer pass which isn't available to non DVC out of state guests.

I didn't get the email (can't make sense how these come because I get others) Anyway not sure if anyone knows but are we still getting a DVC discount or just early access?

Eligible owners have access to the Sorcerer Pass which is less expensive than the Incredi pass. So, if you are traveling outside of Thanksgiving and Xmas, this pass will save you money...its $969 plus tax vs. the Incredi pass which is $1399 plus tax.

On April 13th, DVC owners can purchase the Sorcerer Pass before FL residents...anyone wanting an Incredi pass, DVC owner or not, can purchase beginning April 20th.

What I’m thinking, either people do a heck a lot more park days then us or I’m missing something. On numerous boards people are going crazy that AP are back, again just wanted to know if I’m the idiot in the room.
We used to do 2-3 trips within a year when we had APs...back when the kids were in school it was April vacation,a short fall trip, then February vacation. We bought discounted 6 day tix for our May trip at $625/tix, so 2 trips within a year will save us money.

So if you are dvc and currently have a pixie .. can you upgrade to the new passes

It says that upgrades will be allowed for FL residents, but I don't know if you will be able to do that to Sorcerer during early access since that is not a pass for DVC owners...but you can try!

Per the email, it says we can! So, hopefully, they have worked out the behind the scenes tech to allow DVC Y owners to get them that way!
Got it. My bad, I didn't read the email that closely since we already have our APs.

Can you add on Water Parks or Photo Pass option at a later time (e.g. after you've purchased but not yet activated your AP) or is that a decision you can only make at the time you purchase your AP? I'm suspecting it can be added on at any time but would like confirmation.

Did they say if upgrading tickets to an AP would be possible online or has to be via phone?

I didn't ask that because I will be there in person so it wasn't something I was curious about.
I have already purchased a 7 day ticket through AAA and will not be going to WDW until September. Since it wasn't abundantly clear, I sent an email to VIP Annual Pass. Hopefully, they will respond. And it might even be the fact I used a 3rd party vendor that could be a problem. Will let you know when or if I hear.

Lots of pages to read through here so maybe this has already been answered, sorry. I'll go back and read through for any other question I might have.
Who exactly can get the Annual Pass. We are DVC, bought through Disney in 93 so we can buy one each. Can my DD (same last name) and her S0 get one, they don't live with us but will be travelling with us to OKW in December.
Thanks,
Tony

Well.... looks like I cannot pre buy for my next WDW trip... I will be doing Thanksgiving break in 2024 and then Doopy in Jan 2025. I will just have to hope they will open the window again before my trip.

Lots of pages to read through here so maybe this has already been answered, sorry. I'll go back and read through for any other question I might have.
Who exactly can get the Annual Pass. We are DVC, bought through Disney in 93 so we can buy one each. Can my DD (same last name) and her S0 get one, they don't live with us but will be travelling with us to OKW in December.
Thanks,
Tony
They won't be able to purchase Sorcerer unless they are on the membership. They could purchase the Incredi-Pass.

Well.... looks like I cannot pre buy for my next WDW trip... I will be doing Thanksgiving break in 2024 and then Doopy in Jan 2025. I will just have to hope they will open the window again before my trip.
It would work if you made an impromptu trip in Feb or March 2024. Buy now, activate in Feb or March '24 and it would be valid through your January 2025 trip.

Can you add on Water Parks or Photo Pass option at a later time (e.g. after you've purchased but not yet activated your AP) or is that a decision you can only make at the time you purchase your AP? I'm suspecting it can be added on at any time but would like confirmation.
I've seen posts were people were able to add the Photo Download option by calling the Passholder Hotline. Would assume that the Water Park option could be added later was well. The price will not be pro-rated.

Thanks,
Tony

Only members of the owners household are eligible for the Sorcerer Pass. If your DD is not an owner and no longer lives with you, they will not be allowed to get it.

That is one of the reasons we added our adult children to some of our deeds in 2019...it allows them to have access, now that they are no longer in our home...it isn't something everyone wants to do, but we were comfortable with the decision and all the risks that come with it...especially since we have other points that are not owned by them!

It would work if you made an impromptu trip in Feb or March 2024. Buy now, activate in Feb or March '24 and it would be valid through your January 2025 trip.
I cannot afford it (as much as I would loove to do it) :( That is why I was hoping I could activate it at Disneyland cause I could activate it at guest services when I am in Disneyland on the last day of the Disneyland's Half Marathon and then it would work...

For Thanksgiving, Sorcerer Pass is blocked out so it would not work for you anyway. Starting April 20th, though, everyone can purchase an Incredi pass..and then you can activate it whenever you get to WDW within that year.

ETA: I just realized you said Thankgiving 2024, not 2023...never mind!

Two questions for the brain trust:
1. When travelling together, is it a "pro-tip" to add on the photo-pass to only 1 family member's AP?
2. Does anyone know if Disney Gift Cards are accepted when buying online?

Regular ticket prices are front-loaded, so doing four 2-day trips is more costly than doing one 8-day trip. The break-even point is different depending on whether you tend to do short or long trips. In the old days, you could buy a 10-day non-expiring pass to accomplish the same thing, but no more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter