ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

When I go to activate my new AP in person next month is my name the only thing they look at or does my name and address on my license have to match up to anything? I ask because my license still has my old address, I’m still in the same town just a different street. I was just going to change it when I renew in July, unless it matters for AP.

Need opinions - we have a trip planned for January with some family members. They will not have annual passes but I wanted to buy passes for my family. However we will need a ticket to the parks for 1/3 - should I just buy the passes and then a one day ticket or buy a one day ticket and then wait to buy the annual pass and upgrade at the park assume they are still selling them. I think option two is risky.

Need opinions - we have a trip planned for January with some family members. They will not have annual passes but I wanted to buy passes for my family. However we will need a ticket to the parks for 1/3 - should I just buy the passes and then a one day ticket or buy a one day ticket and then wait to buy the annual pass and upgrade at the park assume they are still selling them. I think option two is risky.
I think it's risky too. I don't trust Disney to keep the passes on sale.

When I go to activate my new AP in person next month is my name the only thing they look at or does my name and address on my license have to match up to anything? I ask because my license still has my old address, I’m still in the same town just a different street. I was just going to change it when I renew in July, unless it matters for AP.
You don't happen to have your old license with your DVC address? If so, I'd bring that along and show them what happened.

You can not upgrade to a pass that has black out dates after having attended on one of the blackout dates. Used to be possible years ago.

This is what I was wondering also?

They have to be activated within one year of purchase. After that, they are only good for its value toward a new pass..and if passes are suspended, then the value would only be eligible toward tickets.

This is what I was wondering also?
I'm hearing that what you're buying is a voucher. The AP doesn't activate until you use it to enter a park. Then that becomes your renewal date. But the voucher is only good for one year. You have to activate it before then.

So you buy the Sorcerer's pass on April 13, 2023. You wait until the last day to activate it on April 12, 2024 and it expires April 12, 2025

They have to be activated within one year of purchase. After that, they are only good for its value toward a new pass..and if passes are suspended, then the value would only be eligible toward tickets.
Bummer! I think they used to not have an expiration date unless they were special discounted ones. Oh well! Won’t be getting one this go around.

Bummer! I think they used to not have an expiration date unless they were special discounted ones. Oh well! Won’t be getting one this go around.

That is how they were years ago but when passes went back on sale for that short time in 2021, they started the one year expiration. I think it was so no once can hold vouchers for years any more and protect themselves from future price increases.

You may not need the lounge right now but you never know when you have a family member/friend with a kid who's having a meltdown.. or a parent who's melting :P and it'll be nice knowing that's available. Then you add in being able to use your points at any future resorts and the passes and it makes direct actually a pretty good deal.
The lounge makes no sense to me - if your DVC and. RR or BW owner it’s easier to just go back to your room. The lounge is too bright with the glass ceiling and the so called chairs are too hard for some to sit on ( or get up from)

The lounge makes no sense to me - if your DVC and. RR or BW owner it’s easier to just go back to your room. The lounge is too bright with the glass ceiling and the so called chairs are too hard for some to sit on ( or get up from)
Lol who knows, maybe they’ll open up another one in the future that’ll be more to your liking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter