ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

We had success Thursday AM, after just a couple hours of dwarves. handed the mouse TONS of money,and now re-evalutating and changing all of our plans for this year. Already changed our planned resort only June stay from SSR, to now a split between BWV and AKL, and may change it more. Now on to the park reservations.
Just to be clear, we wont' need them at all if entering parks after 2PM? (except MK on weekends)
and if we did have a reservation, say for Epcot, but then just showed up at HS without having first gone to Epcot, would that be ok? or just cancel the Epcot and show up at HS?
For the last part, if you go after 2pm it should be fine. But you couldn't show up at HS prior to 2pm unless you cancel Epcot and reserve HS.

When I upgraded our PH tkts to AP’s the CM said we could just go straight to where we tap our Magic Bands and enter the park and we wouldn’t have to go to Guest Services first. Is that accurate? Should we go anyway and get a physical card or is that something we don’t necessarily have to have or need? Our flight lands at 6:00 pm and we are not going to a park, is there a place we can get the physical cards later that night?

When I upgraded our PH tkts to AP’s the CM said we could just go straight to where we tap our Magic Bands and enter the park and we wouldn’t have to go to Guest Services first. Is that accurate? Should we go anyway and get a physical card or is that something we don’t necessarily have to have or need? Our flight lands at 6:00 pm and we are not going to a park, is there a place we can get the physical cards later that night?
You can get the AP cards at any ticket booth or GR, including the GR at DS. It’s not necessary to have the card, though, and based on what the CM told you, you don’t have to stop to activate your APs, just tap on into the park. Have fun!

I think when they are renewals now, you don’t need to anymore, but I think the new passes require it.

I would wait to see if we get any official reports here, as others were told you will need to stop, and decide then.

We aren't going to be going back to Disney until FEB of next year. Is there a limit on the amount of time a pass has to be activated by? Figure lock in the price now if I can while passes are on sale and before they raise the cost again...

I think when they are renewals now, you don’t need to anymore, but I think the new passes require it.

I would wait to see if we get any official reports here, as others were told you will need to stop, and decide then.
Maybe now that they're verifying eligibility during the purchase process, as they recently started doing for renewals, the new APs are already activated like the renewals have been for the last however many months. I'm hoping to read soon that new Sorcerer passholders are able to breeze right into their first park!

We aren't going to be going back to Disney until FEB of next year. Is there a limit on the amount of time a pass has to be activated by? Figure lock in the price now if I can while passes are on sale and before they raise the cost again...
One year from date of purchase. It should say it in your pass voucher. With 2024 being leap year, you’d have to activate in 2024 by the date before you purchased in 2023. For example, if you purchased in 4/14/23, you would need to activate by 4/13/23.

Maybe now that they're verifying eligibility during the purchase process, as they recently started doing for renewals, the new APs are already activated like the renewals have been for the last however many months. I'm hoping to read soon that new Sorcerer passholders are able to breeze right into their first park!

The only thing is that people can buy new vouchers for family members. Those can’t be verified via phone.

That could be why some have been told that you still need to go to GR since they would need those people to show ID..otherwise, it’d be honor system with adults like it is for kids..

Last edited:
The only thing is that people can buy new vouchers for families members. Those can’t be verified via phone.

That could be why some have been told that you still need to go to GR since they would need those people to show ID..otherwise, it’d be honor system with adults like it is for kids..
Ah yes - I was forgetting about non-owner household members, probably because we don’t have any! 😬 Oh well, hopefully those who are owners won’t need to stop!

When I look at my newly purchased Sorcerer pass in the WDW app it shows up with the barcode as usual and also this text “Item(s) are priced for eligible DVC Members only. For these items, you must show a valid DVC Membership ID at the park entrance to pick up your tickets or passes.“ So I think a stop at GR will be required.

If you activate an AP on May 2,2023 will it expire on May 1, 2024 or May 2, 2024. It’s been a while for me.

The only thing is that people can buy new vouchers for family members. Those can’t be verified via phone.

I guess that could be why the CM told me we could walk straight through. I only purchased AP’s for my husband and I and we are both on the DVC deed. She asked me his name when I was purchasing. I guess I’ll just wait and see what we will need to do for sure, but I’d rather go to GR on arrival day if we can so we can just walk straight through on park day. We will be there in just 17 more days !! 😬

I guess that could be why the CM told me we could walk straight through. I only purchased AP’s for my husband and I and we are both on the DVC deed. She asked me his name when I was purchasing. I guess I’ll just wait and see what we will need to do for sure, but I’d rather go to GR on arrival day if we can so we can just walk straight through on park day. We will be there in just 17 more days !! 😬

Hopefully, we will have reports before then!!!

Booked APs during the mess on Thursday. Transaction competed, got confirmation number and the tickets are in our account. But no transaction on my credit card yet - not pending or completed. And it’s $5k so I would see it. Did everyone’s transactions show up yet?

Booked APs during the mess on Thursday. Transaction competed, got confirmation number and the tickets are in our account. But no transaction on my credit card yet - not pending or completed. And it’s $5k so I would see it. Did everyone’s transactions show up yet?
Mine showed up instantly. My American Express sent me a notification within a second of the transaction which I’m glad it did because Woody was just sitting there doing nothing. If my credit card hadn’t sent me the notice I wouldn’t had even known it went through.

Does anyone know the cost to renew the sorcerer pass? Trying to decide whether to renew ours this fall or wait until we need our pass in June 2024 to start over and buy new.

They would not let me do this for my DD at WDW when I arrived earlier in the day..she had to stop when she arrived.
Don’t you love Disney consistency? In my case, I actually wasn’t even trying to get DH’s AP. The CM asked me if I wanted to get his, too. I had him text me an image of his DL. 🤪

Does anyone know the cost to renew the sorcerer pass? Trying to decide whether to renew ours this fall or wait until we need our pass in June 2024 to start over and buy new.
There is a 15% discount for renewals. It works out to 1.8 months of value. The real issue is whether you MUST have an AP as no telling if it will be available in ‘24. Remember you have one year to activate a new pass so you could buy a new AP “voucher” up to a year prior to your planned trip which seems like a pretty big window to hope that APs are for sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter