Annual passes for everyone

Minne2004

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know anything about when the annual passes might come out? everything else is mentioned except annual passes. All the great extras they cut and park tickets are outrageous. Just thought I would ask because nobody ever mentions annual passes. Thank You AND BE SAFE

Does anyone know anything about when the annual passes might come out? everything else is mentioned except annual passes. All the great extras they cut and park tickets are outrageous. Just thought I would ask because nobody ever mentions annual passes. Thank You AND BE SAFE
This gets asked a lot, especially among DVC owners who tend to visit more than once a year and by those who are close enough to travel multiple times in a 1-year period. Nobody knows for sure. There was an email sent to current passholders which stated that there will be no complimentary MagicBands issued with AP purchases or renewals after August 16th of this year. Some interpret that to mean that AP sales will resume after that date. But it's only speculation at this point.

This gets asked a lot, especially among DVC owners who tend to visit more than once a year and by those who are close enough to travel multiple times in a 1-year period. Nobody knows for sure. There was an email sent to current passholders which stated that there will be no complimentary MagicBands issued with AP purchases or renewals after August 16th of this year. Some interpret that to mean that AP sales will resume after that date. But it's only speculation at this point.
Thank You so much for responding to me. I normally go every year so I love the annual passes . Love your name. Stay safe.

We are patiently waiting too. Im holding out for Disney to return the AP, my family wants to go ahead and buy Universal Passes. Im hoping for announcement soon or we will be doing Universal instead. We love both parks but haven't been to disney since 2018. We were to get passes again in 2020.

Honestly, given how hard it is to get park reservations for AP holders already, I kind of can't see them selling more passes anytime soon if that doesn't change. I'm already on the fence about renewing myself because I'm so limited now with being able to plan trips.

My current Platinum Pass (I renewed last Oct) is good until with April 2022 with the extension. I expect I will be able to renew it again at that time. We might see the APs come back in Oct in conjunction with the anniversary.

Honestly, given how hard it is to get park reservations for AP holders already, I kind of can't see them selling more passes anytime soon if that doesn't change. I'm already on the fence about renewing myself because I'm so limited now with being able to plan trips.

Based off the current reservation availability calendar, there are many more available days for AP’s vs regular theme park tickets. Of course with AP’s you can only hold 3 reservations at once unless you are staying at a Resort hotel so that can be problematic. It depends on how you travel to Disney World. If you live close by I’d much rather be picking from the AP pool than the regular theme park ticket pool. If you are traveling to WDW and staying offsite with an AP then it could be a problem getting a spot if you were staying for more then 3 days.

I think as things open up more, the AP purchase option will return. I believe by the end of the summer Disney will be back at much closer to normal capacity and mask requirements will be completely removed. With that, I think the AP option comes back as well. Just my 2 cents.

If I upgraded to an AP (I'm hoping for them later this year) AND I have a resort reservation, I get to keep my park reservations for the days associated with my resort reservation, right? I don't want my park reservations to disappear if I change from park hoppers to AP, but I really want a new AP so I can use all of my DVC points and maybe more 😁

If I upgraded to an AP (I'm hoping for them later this year) AND I have a resort reservation,
I get to keep my park reservations for the days associated with my resort reservation, right?
Right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter