Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Question for those that have had Pirate Pass in the past: if you add on the water park option, are you restricted from visiting the water parks on the weekends as well? Or are only the four main parks blacked out on those days?
There are no restrictions on access to the waterparks.

Unless you've just returned after spending nearly $800 per ticket for your stay.
Yeah that would hurt. I just came back from 2 weeks in Disney. Only three out of my 12-person party had annual passes. So they felt the pain of having to pay for day tickets and trying to decide how many days to buy. That's why we're celebrating. I have two more trips planned later this year and the same group is going to go. But this time they will have affordable annual passes to cover both trips.

I am seeing a lot of posts talking about calling the passholder line or DVC Member Services regarding upgrading tickets, upgrading old passes or other matters on April 13th or 20th. I went back to Disney's announcement of sales of new passes. They didn't just say sales were restarting. They said we could purchase ONLINE. So, if this is an "online only" sale, I would hesitate to think it is just sales as normal and any guest relations or cast member can work issues regarding old passes or tickets. Some have contacted Disney and stated some options will be available online, but just because sales are open online doesn't necessarily mean sales can happen through Disney staff. Disney could make that happen, but that is not what the announcement said. It said online.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ld-announces-return-of-new-annual-pass-sales/

"New sales of the Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass and Disney Pirate Pass will resume and can be purchased online beginning on April 20!"
On Chat yesterday, I was told to call to have them help me upgrade. I have a Military Salute ticket I was thinking about changing to Incredipass. It may be because it was a special ticket, but apparently at least some upgrades need to happen via phone. I have since decided Not to do this, because I would lose the discount.

Your math is right if you do more than one trip. I can make our numbers be similar but the challenge I have is we like to travel at the same time each year and don’t really have the option to back our dates up to fit in 2 trips in a year. Glad it’s working for you though. Enjoy!!
Exactly this. We go same time in the summer so an AP wouldn't get us two trips. Would have to squeeze in trips during the year/school breaks that we normally don't do to break even. The tickets this summer will cost half of what an incredipass sells for, and yes the food discounts will definitely add up, but it seems imprudent to jump on the APs with the thought that "hey I'll find a way to make it worthwhile."

I just answered another similar question today as well. I realize you said you aren't interested in using them as 9-day PH tickets, but they really do have much more value for use as-is.

My previous response:

I know 😞 I guess our choices are 1) save them for friends/family 2) use toward APs (lose value).

I kick myself for not bridging these to certificates when I had to chance, specifically during the 13 month special in 2016/2017.

I just emailed VIP this question. We have 2 very old 9 day MYW PH I am looking to possibly upgrade. So when I hear something back, I will update you.
Thanks! I am just working under the assumption that, like things have always been, you can upgrade existing tix to APs. I do dread having to get tangled up in the Disney phone system to try to do any transaction though. Thanks for the help. If I learn anything elsewhere I will update you as well

When we were going twice a year, that would be an immediate purchase. We LOVED our Ap. Now that we only go once a year, we no longer need the AP (more expensive than a park hopper for our dates). I suspect, we are not the only ones who have changed their visitation pattern.

Of course this would have to happen on the 2nd day of our trip. We’ve got 8 day park hoppers starting April 19th. Any chance we can upgrade our hoppers to APs after using them once? Pre-Covid that would have been no problem, you could always upgrade a hopper to an AP as long as it still had one day left on it. They’d just apply the cost you paid toward the AP price. But this announcement doesn’t mention upgrading does it?

I expect upgrades will be allowed, but can’t guarantee it until we get reports confirming so.

If you call you are not going to have any luck. The people purchasing online are going to have a huge advantage and will buy all of the available passes before people calling by phone get connected.
What makes you say this? Why do you think that? I don't see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter