Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

No one know for sure... but as stated a few post above DVC started at 6AM. Good chance the same will be true for non-DVC later on.

Now what time it will allow you to buy after that... is a whole different issue.
I was able to add them to my cart at 6am, but I don't think anyone was able to checkout and complete the purchase until closer to 9am.

I see that DVC could not upgrade tickets already purchased to an annual pass this morning online. Anyone happen to know if upgrading online will be an option next week?

Except Disney wants peak capacity at all times. All this talk about improving the guest experience is baloney. They want maximum capacity at maximum prices, year round. Hence why there are festivals and special events year round.
Yes. I was just thinking Disney’s ideal scenario would be crowds 1 person under capacity every day to avoid the negative press of ”selling out” and to get maximum revenue. APs fit into the Disney universe very well to bring in guests who will spend money in the parks, even if not as much as a day ticket visitor.

I was able to purchase the pass in just over 5 minutes, but I couldn’t log in this morning due to work commitments which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I logged in at 1:30 and experienced minimal waiting. The Sorcerer’s Pass for adults was just over $1,000 (I added no extras). I hope things are going better for potential purchasers now and that next week is a smoother process. But I’m skeptical (“lessons learned” does not seem to be a phrase in their vocabulary with regards to this type of thing).

I agree with other posters here that Disney should have allowed DVC members to upgrade online.
I see that DVC could not upgrade tickets already purchased to an annual pass this morning online. Anyone happen to know if upgrading online will be an option next week?

From my experience (and it’s been a few years), standalone tickets could only be upgraded by phone or in-person. Not online. And it appears to be the same today.

Packaged tickets are only allowed to be upgraded in-person after checkin. At least that is what someone over on the DVC board was told this morning. Years ago they allowed us to activate them 3 days prior to checkin.

Last edited:
Packaged tickets are only allowed to be upgraded in-person after checkin. At least that is what someone over on the DVC board was told this morning.
You can't book a regular package that includes an AP as tickets, so package tickets need to be separated from the package to do an early upgrade. Basically, drop the tickets so you have a "basic package" (essentially a room-only that follows package cancellation and PIF terms). Then buy the AP separate. Or buy the AP outright and then cancel the tickets off the package. Either way, they need to pay in full for the AP and can't use the package terms to pay it off just before their trip.

You can't book a regular package that includes an AP as tickets, so package tickets need to be separated from the package to do an early upgrade. Basically, drop the tickets so you have a "basic package" (essentially a room-only that follows package cancellation and PIF terms). Then buy the AP separate. Or buy the AP outright and then cancel the tickets off the package. Either way, they need to pay in full for the AP and can't use the package terms to pay it off just before their trip.

There are DVC guests with packages (tickets, not APs) arriving at the end of this month. Since it is less than 30 days out, they will lose their $200 deposit if they cancel.

They are being told today that they can’t upgrade their package tickets to APs via phone and must wait until their checkin day.

There are DVC guests with packages (tickets, not APs) arriving at the end of this month. Since it is less than 30 days out, they will lose their $200 deposit if they cancel.

They are being told today that they can’t upgrade their package tickets to APs via phone and must wait until their checkin day.
Bummer, they are kind of caught inbetween. But it's always been the rule that package tickets cannot be upgraded to an AP until arrival.

I see 3 options, though none are really great:
1) They can wait until they arrive and hope APs are still available in a couple of weeks
2) they can cancel the tickets off the package and take the $200 penalty
3) they can buy APs outright now and hold the package tickets as credit either for family/friends to use or to use towards next year's renewal

Bummer, they are kind of caught inbetween. But it's always been the rule that package tickets cannot be upgraded to an AP until arrival.

1) They can wait until they arrive and hope APs are still available in a couple of weeks
3) they can buy APs outright now and hold the package tickets as credit either for family/friends to use or to use towards next year's renewal

Yes, very much a bummer. But thank you for sharing solutions to the package situation. It’s been a long time since I’ve booked one.

Thanks for clarifying. Bummer. We arrive on the 30th with a package booked. So, I guess we will take our chances on upgrading then.

I was able to upgrade four 10-day PHs into 4 sorcerer passes. I also got credited an additional ~$400 since my tickets were from UT before the December price hike. My first attempt early this morning was a disaster. I was on hold for 3.5hrs before getting disconnected. I called again 5hrs later and was able to complete my purchase in about an hour. Hang in there for those still trying!

That can’t be true. Not on day 1 of 7 of sales for DVC members. That would be ridiculously
Someone mentioned it, in another Forum. I am not a DVC Member, so I have hard times, to check it ;-) We are just hoping for the 20th!

I am upgrading from park hopper plus to annual passes for our July trip. I bought resale DVC so have to wait until April 20 to buy them. Did anyone have any luck calling DVC member services to get annual passes today or do you have to call Disney ticketing? Did Disney ticketing start taking calls at 6am est today for upgrades?

Is it true, that APs are sold out already?!

Someone mentioned it, in another Forum. I am not a DVC Member, so I have hard times, to check it ;-) We are just hoping for the 20th!
The only pass which went on sale today was the sorcerer pass. It is only available to dvc members and florida residents. You said you are not dvc. Are you a FL resident? If not, it wouldn't matter for you if this type of pass is sold out. (Not saying that they are sold out. I was just able to log in and add one to the shopping cart, but I did not continue because I don't need to buy at this point.)

Thanks for testing 😉
My advice for the 20th: don't forget that you have to scroll through all of the terms and conditions and check the box that you agree. You can't check the box until you scroll through the whole thing. If you don't check the box, you get an error message. This is after you enter credit card info, I think.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter