• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

So we have a trip planned very soon but at least 30 days out from the sale day and I am thinking of getting annual passes for our family. If we are staying onsite but already have our park reservations made, how will changing tickets to annual pass affect those reservations?
So do you have standalone tickets for this trip or are your tickets part of a package reservation (room+tickets)?

If standalone (meaning you bought them separate from the room reservation), you can call to upgrade what you currently have to an AP. Reports have varied, some report their theme park reservations transferred to the new AP, others lost theme park reservations and needed to re-do them.

Package tickets cannot be upgraded prior to arrival/check-in. So if you have package tickets and want to buy APs tomorrow (or before your trip), you can buy APs outright and since it is outside of the 30-day penalty period then cancel the tickets off your package. You will most likely need to re-do the theme park reservations.

So do you have standalone tickets for this trip or are your tickets part of a package reservation (room+tickets)?

If standalone (meaning you bought them separate from the room reservation), you can call to upgrade what you currently have to an AP. Reports have varied, some report their theme park reservations transferred to the new AP, others lost theme park reservations and needed to re-do them.

Package tickets cannot be upgraded prior to arrival/check-in. So if you have package tickets and want to buy APs tomorrow (or before your trip), you can buy APs outright and since it is outside of the 30-day penalty period then cancel the tickets off your package. You will most likely need to re-do the theme park reservations.

It's a package and that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to lose what I have as we also have dinner reservations in the parks we want. Hmmm....more to think about.....

Is there a time for when AP will go on sale Thursday? Midnight, 6:00 am, etc?
I would guess:
6 am on line
7 am phones open

Opinions :
Go on line if you can. Quicker.
Phone, if you have a issue. The wait will be LONG. Hours.
There is only so many phone lines into DRC.

It appears that the system is ready . The trial with DVC was horrible for the first hours (till noon), then worked perfectly.

It's a package and that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to lose what I have as we also have dinner reservations in the parks we want. Hmmm....more to think about.....
ADRs are not tied to tickets in any way, plus you should be able to hop to dinner even if you changed your earlier daytime plans. But I just checked and assuming late May through July (and probably further) currently there is no dates "full" for theme park reservations. So if you had to re-do them it shouldn't be a problem.

Ugh… will be a late “night” starting at midnight for me. And it would figure I have to drive my DS to school that morning, a 60 min drive in traffic both ways😫

What number are we to call ?
On the Disney site there is a new ticket number. An existing ticket number and an AP number . If we are upgrading existing tickets , which line do I call?
New tickets 407-939-7679
Existing tickets 407-934-7639
AP 407-939-7702 or 7277
Every source you check gives you a different number🤷‍♀️

What number are we to call ?
On the Disney site there is a new ticket number. An existing ticket number and an AP number . If we are upgrading existing tickets , which line do I call?
New tickets 407-939-7679
Existing tickets 407-934-7639
AP 407-939-7702 or 7277
Every source you check gives you a different number🤷‍♀️
All numbers go into the same phone system. Call all numbers till you can get on hold.
At least your in the queue, then wait and wait and wait.

Generally speaking ticket upgrades are a 1:1 basis -- 1 "old" ticket towards 1 "new" (upgraded) ticket. I'd say you probably received some pixie dust by upgrading an existing AP and rolling another ticket into that upgrade. I'd be highly surprised if you could have rolled additional tickets into that as well, but since it seems to have been outside the normal scope it's possible that CM would have done so. However I would not recommend that anyone expect to be able to combine multiple tickets, whether for an upgrade or a new voucher.

Thank you sharing your experience. I get you are trying to help, but in your situation the CM did not appear to follow normal renewal/upgrade policy. So others should not expect the same exception.

Pre-April 13th policy allowed (1) ticket media to be applied as credit toward a 90 day renewal (including any upgrades). This helps many guests, like myself, book park reservations in advance of the holidays (my renewal is end-of-Dec).

On April 13th, they removed the 90 day renewal period so any/all current DVC Passholders can upgrade right now. Your active AP should have been considered your (1) ticket media credit toward an upgrade.
Just to provide another data point. I called today to upgrade existing tickets to APs. Each person I purchased for had an unused Salute ticket on their account as well as a Salute ticket with 1 day left on it. The cast member asked me if I wanted to apply both tickets to the upgrade. I said no, because I didn’t want a back dated AP. But it does seem to be an option to upgrade more than one ticket to one AP.

I would guess:
6 am on line
7 am phones open

Opinions :
Go on line if you can. Quicker.
Phone, if you have a issue. The wait will be LONG. Hours.
There is only so many phone lines into DRC.

It appears that the system is ready . The trial with DVC was horrible for the first hours (till noon), then worked perfectly.

hope you’re right but I fear it will be a disaster. The system will get overloaded as it always does.

ADRs are not tied to tickets in any way, plus you should be able to hop to dinner even if you changed your earlier daytime plans. But I just checked and assuming late May through July (and probably further) currently there is no dates "full" for theme park reservations. So if you had to re-do them it shouldn't be a problem
I got up today wondering why at 6:30 am ET passes were already unavailable, and no one was talking about it. LOL. It is April 19, says my calendar.
Just view it as a practice exercise.

Yesterday was my “61 day” for ADR scheduling since its been a while I missed booking my preferred time for breakfast at my home resort for our first day (GF, I wanted 9 am got 8 am) and for Father’s Day lunch at Steakhouse 71 (wanted 2 got 1). I couldn’t figure out MDE in real time. I am much better luck the phone, apparently. Good Luck tomorrow.

I want to upgrade an existing standalone ticket (April 30 start)…and I live on the west coast, of course (at least 4 am beats 3 am). I’m working remotely tomorrow and have a single meeting I need to attend at 2-3 pm PST. You just know that’s when I’ll get through!

Really tempting to buy the AP outright, cancel my existing ticket, and use the value towards 2024 renewal. The FOMO is real!

I want to upgrade an existing standalone ticket (April 30 start)…and I live on the west coast, of course (at least 4 am beats 3 am). I’m working remotely tomorrow and have a single meeting I need to attend at 2-3 pm PST. You just know that’s when I’ll get through!

Really tempting to buy the AP outright, cancel my existing ticket, and use the value towards 2024 renewal. The FOMO is real!
Lol...WE are the problem :)

Salute ticket with 1 day left on it. The cast member asked me if I wanted to apply both tickets to the upgrade. I said no, because I didn’t want a back dated AP.

Yep, they backdate used Military Salute tickets like they do used APs. Smart move on your part.

What’s new is phone ticketing combining the value of used + new media to upgrade. I even read over on another thread someone was able to have a ticket bridged, lawd! That sure would be a nice option for the unused MYW tickets sitting in my account.

Somebody pinch me…are we back to the good ol’ days???

Saw this posted elsewhere, anyone else here this?

"I just got off the phone with a cast member who said that they're planning to allow upgrades online. They said that the site was going down for a bit tonight and that the new feature would be implemented in time for tomorrows AP release. I'm skeptical about that information and about how well a new site feature will work on what promises to be an already hectic day for the servers."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter