Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

The phone lines can be a mess at the best of times. Really sorry for anyone having to go that route. I remember them randomly going down last week when I needed to be rid of a reservation I thought I had cancelled

Hi Disfriends! I am so sorry you all are struggling this morning. I am DVC, and I feel your pain. I went through all that you are going through last week. I hate to admit it, but it took me six hours before I got my APs. I started at 6 am like all of you, and I didn't get through my transactions until noon.

I wanted to share a couple of things I encountered last week, to maybe help you avoid my pitfalls. Here goes:

1. I had multiple gift cards and I discovered way too late that the website wouldn't take more than one. I was in an online queue for forever and I realized that once I got my $1000 max on my first gift card. Gah!!! I called the main Disney number and waited on hold for forever, and then that CM transferred me to a Disney Gift Card number. They told me my gift cards were fine, and then they transferred me to a customer services number, who couldn't help me either. I did an online chat, and that CM told my only DVC member services could help me. So, I had to finally call DVC member services and wait on hold for forever. DVC MS could take multiple Disney gift cards via the phone, but since Disney gift cards can only hold $1000 max, I had to keep moving money onto the gift cards using www.disneygiftcard.com. The CM I worked with was lovely, and she was very patient as I moved money from online onto my gift cards. She allowed me to make my purchases separately, so that I could have multiple transactions with gift cards. It was worth it to me as I purchased gift cards online using my Target red card and I saved 5%. Every 5% helps, especially with a big purchase like APs!

2. CMs for IT, the regular line, customer service, and the gift card line all didn't know anything. The left hand really didn't know what the right hand was doing last week. However, every person I talked to was so kind, and obviously overwhelmed. I found that as long as I was kind when I (finally) got to talk to someone, they bent overbackwards to try to get me answers. Sadly, only DVC member services could process an AP purchase for me.

3. Every time I tried to call any Disney number, I kept getting either a busy signal or a "disconnected" message. It was nuts! Just keep trying. I would wait 5 or 10 minutes, and then try again. I eventually got through, but I was terribly frustrating.

4. Hang in there, everyone! I SO feel your pain! Please know that I am cheering you ALL on this morning!! Sending you all big, big hugs as you work through Disney's terrible IT issues to get your APs!

Last edited:

If you're trying to use gift cards, it would only allow one per transaction online, but did allow us to purchase two passes separately once we were in. Good luck everyone.

Success!!!! I was on the page with Space Mountain at 5:50 a.m. and clicked on the Passes Page link when others here posted they had the Big Thunder pre-que screen. That loaded for me and after that it was a 15 minute wait. After a mild heart attack when my password wouldn't work to log in to my account, I was able to reset it and then purchase. Good luck to all!!!!

Sorry if I gave that impression. I'm not annoyed by anyone.
Oh, I'm sorry! You did not seem annoyed. But there was a person posting who might have been a troll and was stressing other people out. That's why I added the reminder that you can set the Dis to "ignore" people whose posts are unhelpful. I combined my thoughts into one post and didn't multi-quote. My bad.

If anyone gets through and can confirm you can upgrade, please post. I hate using the phone :P

Done! I got my Incredi-pass! I have ALWAYS wanted to be a Walt Disney World Passholder and I am so excited right now!
Me tooo!!!! The whole time the sales were paused I was so sad because I've finally reached a point in my life and career when I finally have the income and vacation time off to be an AP holder. Congrats!!!!

It would be nice to know the first person to go from "more than an hour" to a more specific estimated time. Give the rest of us hope!
I don't know that I was the first, but my page started with "more than an hour" 19 minutes ago and now I'm at 23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter