Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

How many park visits before you break even on the most expensive pass? My preferred pass would be the Pirate Pass but I don't qualify....the next best option would be the DVC one but I have resale....not sure going to the all inclusive one is really worth it.

Then why are they still letting people enter the Virtual Queue? (And yes I just pulled up the VQ while typing this post.) Not sure I trust this report. It has no details to back it up. I'm waiting to see what others are being told.

I would be SHOCKED if sales were done in less than a day.
i don't see anyone else reporting this and that's the copium I'm clinging to right now.

New message:

Message last updated: 2:28 PM ET​

We thank you and all our fans for the incredible enthusiasm for the Passholder program. Due to high popularity of our Annual Passes, please know wait times may exceed several hours. We anticipate a pass or select passes may become unavailable for purchase later today. Continue to check here for updates.

Breaking News
Inside the Magic.net is reporting Disney World has halted all new sales of annual passes indefinitely.
If true, this sale lasted 8 hours and 45 minutes.

Sadly rumours confirmed by a reliable source:

IMG_1544.jpeg

At time of writing they ARE still available but Disney is hinting they may become unavailable later today.

Yeah I don't think the are gone yet.

But the warning message they added to the que, seems to indicate it might be possible for some to sell out.

My queue that wont close has a wait time of less than a minute. Wish I could give it to someone further back.

Two computers in queue since 10:00, not quite 50% through the queue. Got though on the phone and twice my credit card was declined. Called the credit card company (Disney visa) and they tell me that they have not declined any charges and that the credit card has had no attempts at charges today. CC rep said Disney system is so busy that payment requests are not getting out of the Disney system. Got through on the phone a second time, same thing. Transferred me to ticket services. On hold so far over an hour. Gave up for now.

Update. Tried again by phone at 4:00 and 4:15. Card declined again. CC company still showing no charge attempts on my account. At least this time I got on a callback list for ticket services.

Final update: Finally got through the virtual queue on the computer at about 5:35PM (7 1/2 hours). Took about 2 minutes and the purchase went through.

Last edited:
My queue that wont close has a wait time of less than a minute. Wish I could give it to someone further back.
It's funny that you say that because I purchased via phone around 10:30am and immediately closed out all of my 3 queues. Just went back to check because of your post and it shows that I missed my time to purchase... that really sucks that our closed queues remained active delaying others from purchasing, I feel bad for that.

Two computers in queue since 10:00, not quite 50% through the queue. Got though on the phone and twice my credit card was declined. Called the credit card company (Disney visa) and they tell me that they have not declined any charges and that the credit card has had no attempts at charges today. CC rep said Disney system is so busy that payment requests are not getting out of the Disney system. Got through on the phone a second time, same thing. Transferred me to ticket services. On hold so far over an hour. Gave up for now.
I'm so sorry. I am still on hold after being transferred to ticket services. Trying to upgrade my May Hopper with a gift card so hoping I can still get one.

It's funny that you say that because I purchased via phone around 10:30am and immediately closed out all of my 3 queues. Just went back to check because of your post and it shows that I missed my time to purchase... that really sucks that our closed queues remained active delaying others from purchasing, I feel bad for that.
How do we get out of the virtual line if we don't need to be there? I tried "clearing browsing data" but that did not close out the queue for me.

How do we get out of the virtual line if we don't need to be there? I tried "clearing browsing data" but that did not close out the queue for me.
I have no idea, I presumed mine were all closed, I wasn't on the app or the site at all for the last several hours but I can see if I log back in that I'm still in 1 queue phone and it shows I missed my time to purchase on my tablet. I hate it for others and have no idea how to stop it.

I'm buying the pass for my daughter. It did not ask for her name or any other info
I think once your purchase is complete, you will get to link and assign it on MDE. I know when I purchased by phone, I had to go on the website (not the app) and use my confirmation number to link APs and assign them.

This information is on the Disney website as soon as you click 'Annual Passes'. It is valid information.
"Wait times are high and select passes may sell out today due to demand" is entirely different than "sales are halted altogether".

FWIW I just got through to ticket services and upgraded my 10 day hopper to an incredipass so I can confirm that ITM report is false.

Just got disconnected while waiting on hold and when I called back, one of the automated messages said the incredipass was sold out... I have been staring at the woody popup for 3 hours now with no email confirmation or seeing anything in MDE... I was up at 6am for this, I'll be real pissed if we missed out because of technical issues...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter