Annual Passes

Twilight Terror

DIS Veteran
We are looking at getting a 2-year SeaWorld pass ($149.99 one). I have read everything on the website, but I am still unclear as to what you actually receive. Do you get issued with your annual pass immediately, and that it is therefore active from the moment you purchase it? Or are you given a voucher that you need to take to Guest Services, who will then issue you with the annual pass, and it be valid from that date?

We are coming from the UK, and would prefer a voucher to exchange, so that I can order well in advance and not waste a month or so's usage because I ordered in advance, if that makes sense. Plus we are planning to go next year, and then slightly earlier the year after, so would ideally like it to cover all three trip (this year, next year, the year after)!

I just bought a AP on-line a couple weeks ago which I plan on using the first time this weekend. It was just a piece of paper with a bar code. It says that it can be scanned at kiosk at the gate and kiosk will issue the AP (I am thinking it will be the size of a ticket). I am not sure when the period begins to run - from date of purchase or date of first use. I thought I remember reading that it may begin on date of purchase. I will be able to tell you next week, if nobody else tells before then.

That would be brilliant, thanks! I don't have to buy it right now, I had time to wait. It would just be good if it's valid from when it's activated, as we'll be able to get just that little bit more out of it. :goodvibes

Actually when I looked at the paper I printed from the on-line purchase, the expiration date (1 year from purchase date) is stated on that paper. I did redeem this weekend for the passport. The passport itself is a credit card size piece of paper (seems like it will not tear and is probably waterproof). Interestingly, the card itself does not state the expiration date - there are bar codes and some numbers on the card, but no expiration date listed. I would recommend purchasing as close to possible of your first trip, as they do expire 1 year from purchase date rather than the date of first use.

Hmmm, okay. Thanks for that. I may ring them up and see about it because I really don't want to waste a month's worth of usage, just because I live in the UK and run the risk of things not being delivered in time! Unless, of course, it's an e-ticket, which I could purchase the night before we leave and print out the relevant papers just as we are leaving the house... ;)

Actually when I looked at the paper I printed from the on-line purchase, the expiration date (1 year from purchase date) is stated on that paper. I did redeem this weekend for the passport. The passport itself is a credit card size piece of paper (seems like it will not tear and is probably waterproof). Interestingly, the card itself does not state the expiration date - there are bar codes and some numbers on the card, but no expiration date listed. I would recommend purchasing as close to possible of your first trip, as they do expire 1 year from purchase date rather than the date of first use.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter