Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in my boredom I searched the Pandora thread and it is indeed the same link. Also answered my own question- for TSL and Pandora, non activated AP's worked. Just some numbers to play with as well: Pandora opened May 27. The previews went from 5/13 thru 5/22. So basically the previews started about 2 weeks from opening. Not particularly good news for my travel dates if they follow the same schedule.

I'm following and refreshing and we'll be there 8/11.... but I'm just setting myself up for disappointment and failure. We're DVC Gold APs, so it sounds like we're out of luck no matter my stalking skills.

No worries! I just got home from work and thought it was just my luck that Disney released it during my commute. LOL

I have the link ready to go in another tab. Can't hurt!

I fixed it. It would irk me to death if I had read that. Where was my head??? lol

So in my boredom I searched the Pandora thread and it is indeed the same link. Also answered my own question- for TSL and Pandora, non activated AP's worked. Just some numbers to play with as well: Pandora opened May 27. The previews went from 5/13 thru 5/22. So basically the previews started about 2 weeks from opening. Not particularly good news for my travel dates if they follow the same schedule.
Would you mind sending me the link or posting it here?

I'm in the same boat as you. My AP won't be officially active until August. Since I've been able to apply the AP discount to rooms that I have reserved (and my TA said that essentially its the same number in the system) & I can book FP I should also be able to get this. But - I'm still a little worried, too. :)

I'm worried too, I just got this email reply from the AP helpdesk (also addressing the fact that I don't get any emails about my AP at all). The bold highlighting is mine:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders! We are sorry to hear that you have not been receiving your Annual Passholder communications. While dates have not been officially announced yet for Passholder Previews for Star Wars Galaxy Edge, an annual pass would need to be activated in order to receive the email to register.

Because you are important to us, we want to ensure that you are receiving your Annual Passholder correspondence for renewals, special offers, and Annual Passholder exclusive events. You can select both postal mail and e-mail options. At your earliest convenience, please log into your MyDisneyExperience account via the website and navigate to your “My Profile” page and follow the steps below:

• Click on “Communication Preferences."
  • Under “Marketing Messages” click “Privacy Choices Website” link.
  • Either enter your e-mail address or use the box to log in with your MyDisneyExperience account information.
  • On the next page, you can click to subscribe or unsubscribe to/from the types of communications we send and click “Save Changes.”
  • To ensure you receive your Annual Passholder notifications, you will want to be sure to check the box "Walt Disney World Resort (from Disney Destinations).
*Once you have completed these steps, it can take up to 30 days for this to fully take affect. During this time, please do not re-check this page or it will revert back to "Unsubscribed" and restart the 30-day clock.

Andre

Last edited:

I'm worried too, I just got this email reply from the AP helpdesk (also addressing the fact that I don't get any emails about my AP at all). The bold highlighting is mine:

Andre
I got the same response, at least the last paragraph stating my preferences would take 30 days to be in effect. I just checked a few days ago to make sure I was getting all correspondence. I checked all the boxes this time!

If I renewed my AP but the last AP expires on the 17th of July, will I still be able to register for the event?
EDIT: I spoke to Disney they said its good to go

Last edited:
Do you have to get the actual email in order to register? Or will stalking the link be enough :rotfl2:

Do you have to get the actual email in order to register? Or will stalking the link be enough :rotfl2:
You just need the link. There is usually an uproar on Facebook pages because those who get the email cannot register because the link is shared and then used by those who don't get the emails

You just need the link. There is usually an uproar on Facebook pages because those who get the email cannot register because the link is shared and then used by those who don't get the emails
Really seems silly to get upset about that. I assume that the invitation is intended for all eligible passholders and not only those that get the emails...I would rather be proactive than simply wait to get an email.

Andre
I got the same response, at least the last paragraph stating my preferences would take 30 days to be in effect. I just checked a few days ago to make sure I was getting all correspondence. I checked all the boxes this time!
I've tried that so many times. I specifically called out fear of missing out on special events like VIP Passholder nights. The AP e-mail people have been useless. After escalating, this was my response:

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 6.40.11 PM.png

WHEN I don't get the e-mail, I guess I can just call and they'll register me, right? JK JK They will prob have the passholder line disabled or go right to a pre-recorded response.

I hope the settings work for you both! I just would not rely on getting an e-mail if you aren't already getting them.

How quickly do these preview events fill up? Minutes? Hours?
I’m going to assume minutes just based on the fact it’s SWGE. But there are also less people who are invited, and even less that are constantly watching this page for the link haha!

Are you guys already able to register for it? Or are you just waiting?

Just waiting still!! Join our lovely waiting room, we have coffee, cookies, and in the corner is the lovely anxiety monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter