• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what’s happening on August 3rd, because apparently CMs can’t have previews on that day😂

And what’s up with August 11th? Why only at night? Could I have hope that maybe...for just the 11th, they will have the mornings for AP? HA I know that it won’t happen but I like to be able to say it!

Well, what’s happening on August 3rd, because apparently CMs can’t have previews on that day😂

And what’s up with August 11th? Why only at night? Could I have hope that maybe...for just the 11th, they will have the mornings for AP? HA I know that it won’t happen but I like to be able to say it!
I'm going to guess that the 11th is close enough to the end that they currently have planned some type of testing that guests (even CM) can't be on hand for. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed for those who hope for earlier dates

Yup - safe to say anyone before Aug. 16 is not getting a preview time. But - I wish you all the best in getting your times! I guess I'll just be getting up at 4:00 am to make it to HS in October. (I probably would have been anyways - let's face it!) :laughing:

When New Fantasyland opened I think there were random times it was just open as a surprise for people to wander in. Does anyone else recall that and think maybe that’s a possibility?

I am planning a visit just for the preview, but my "trip" is the ten minute drive down the road so not quite the same as others needing to book flights/drive many hours/etc.
We just have an hour drive so we’re in the same boat

I'm an out of country annual pass holder, planning a trip specifically for this preview. I'm watching flight costs and hotel costs, and getting discouraged at the uncertainty. For the Pandora preview, we were able to book a flight and hotel several weeks before the preview since registration was released earlier. Do we really think that registration may not take place until after July 22nd? I'm starting to think we may not be able to make this work since it will be so incredibly last minute. I'm not willing to book a flight without knowing exact dates. :(
Exact same boat as you here. Be a visit for preview only as just home from a trip and have another in November so I can’t have flights booked for wrong dates and don’t want to pay up for moveable ones

Interesting. I’m still curious about August 3rd, because there are no previews for that day. I’m hoping for the 11th, but I doubt it.

My next option is the 24/25, depending on what I have to do on those days. Maybe a quick trip up and then back. I only live about 1 hour 30 minutes-2 hours away.

I wonder what the chances are the CM slots don’t fill up immediately. My Traditions is 2 days later. I assume I’ll have access to the hub after that.

When New Fantasyland opened I think there were random times it was just open as a surprise for people to wander in. Does anyone else recall that and think maybe that’s a possibility?
There's always that possibility. I think they even did it for Pandora but very little since there were so many previews. NFL had a lot of times they did that but no preview sign ups

So it seems that a lot of folks are "out" because of their dates. Will there be enough people who can still make the previews that the link will be posted here fairly quickly after it is dropped? I am deathly afraid of not getting the email :(

that's soft openings, not previews. Althought Soft openings can happen anytime I don't think they will for this case
I wonder what the chances are the CM slots don’t fill up immediately. My Traditions is 2 days later. I assume I’ll have access to the hub after that.
My daughter's Tradition is on the 24th and hoping a slot is available once she has access to the Hub

So it seems that a lot of folks are "out" because of their dates. Will there be enough people who can still make the previews that the link will be posted here fairly quickly after it is dropped? I am deathly afraid of not getting the email :(
My dream . (at this point) . .is we get an e-mail (soon) that just lists all the details and gives us a "registration date". That way really no fear of "missing" the e-mail and fair for all as people can plan/prepare for the registration.

I feel that due to the limit on who can do this preview (Platinum Passholders and up) .. the fact we are 35 days away from the potential first preview day, that there should be plenty of availability. There are plenty of passholders that don't want or simply can't (as people have posted here) make the dates of Aug. 17-25.

My dream . (at this point) . .is we get an e-mail (soon) that just lists all the details and gives us a "registration date". That way really no fear of "missing" the e-mail and fair for all as people can plan/prepare for the registration.

I feel that due to the limit on who can do this preview (Platinum Passholders and up) .. the fact we are 35 days away from the potential first preview day, that there should be plenty of availability. There are plenty of passholders that don't want or simply can't (as people have posted here) make the dates of Aug. 17-25.
That is my hope too!! It sure would take a lot of the stress off

I'm guessing they may limit us to choose between Savi's and Oga's as well. What to choose? EEP! My husband wants Savi's and I want Oga's XD
I know, if that is the case, I will have to talk to DH and see which he wants... I am thinking Oga's.... And does that mean that the droid workshop won't be open yet?

I'm guessing they may limit us to choose between Savi's and Oga's as well. What to choose? EEP! My husband wants Savi's and I want Oga's XD
Eh. This is probably just for CMs. They probably want the APs to test the 'full' experience to prepare them for the grand opening so they know how to deal with crowds and long queues.

While I agree that it would be odd to offer that sort of choice (Savi or Oga's) with an AP preview, I could see it happening. Savi's only does a handful of people at a time and it is a long experience, so in a 4 hour preview slot they might only be able to get around 100 people into it. Also from what I have read, Oga's is still having some isues with people being able to get into it at DL. those 2 things in addition to the CM preview options makes me think we could be in for something similar.

Do you think it's safe to say the dates will not be released today, since CM sign ups are July 22?

oh boy, my daughter starts school the 20th. This is cutting it really close to be able to squeeze in a possible 48 hour trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter