Annual Passholders supposed to get MagicBands today?

I read it as adding the ability to reserve/use FP+ in more than one park per day, and Pete DID say he believed they would add it as a feature, and thought there might be a technical issue as to why they don't, but I didn't hear anything about Pete and John having a meeting with Disney about FP+ features this week.

I would be surprised if they do that this quickly...
This system is still in infancy by Disney standards...and I would think that adding this layer of choice would add more complexity than they're ready for...

I would be surprised if they do that this quickly...
This system is still in infancy by Disney standards...and I would think that adding this layer of choice would add more complexity than they're ready for...

In my mind, it shouldn't be that complicated. The only reason I think it would be a technical issue is if it has to do with how the old system was completely independent in each park...say, for instance, if it let you have two in one park and one in the other, each park wouldn't know whether you used the ones in the other park, etc.

But I don't think it would quite be that way because it has to go through a central system as it is now - in order for you to change your selections via the app, etc.

Of course, now my mind is coming up with a design (not one which I'd have chosen) that could explain it...I need to stop, as I need to be designing my own stuff right now and not trying to retcon Disney's decisions... :)

What about idiot proofing?

They have had to put cutoffs on dining reservations and change "recommendations" by staff due to the inability of people to properly account for travel time (also...the inability for the transportation system to operate on a short schedule... Which is big here)

So now I can book toy story mania (the 2008 version of the 2000 issue "men in black: alien attack" at universal)...then Everest (perpetually broken...you get the trend her)...then haunted mansion (5x times more advanced technically that Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid)...
My ideal day is complete!!!

But...there is gonna have to be a minimum 3 hour gap between each one...or I'll be at guest services raising hell when the bus from animal kingdom to magic kingdom via Saratoga takes 3:10 minutes (due to "low occ" and mandatory 32 hours for 55,000 hourly employees) and I miss the window...

Doesn't seem that hard...but you have to doubt both the competence of the system and the skill of those designing it...and the demanding nature and lack of common sense of the paying customer - but still paying a fortune

They have had to put cutoffs on dining reservations and change "recommendations" by staff due to the inability of people to properly account for travel time (also...the inability for the transportation system to operate on a short schedule... Which is big here)

So now I can book toy story mania (the 2008 version of the 2000 issue "men in black: alien attack" at universal)...then Everest (perpetually broken...you get the trend her)...then haunted mansion (5x times more advanced technically that Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid)...

But...there is gonna have to be a minimum 3 hour gap between each one...or I'll be at guest services raising hell when the bus from animal kingdom to magic kingdom via Saratoga takes 3:10 minutes (due to "low occ" and mandatory 32 hours for 55,000 hourly employees) and I miss the window...

Doesn't seem that hard...but you have to doubt both the competence of the system and the skill of those designing it...and the demanding nature and lack of common sense of the paying customer - but still paying a fortune

Ah, but with FP+, they will allow you to reschedule an unused, expired FP+ for a later time or different attraction, subject to availability.

With ADRs, there generally wasn't any availability, as with dining there are far fewer "slots" and less flexibility in being able to just "slide one more in".

Missing a FP+ doesn't generally hurt anyone...in fact it helps the standby line. Missing an ADR results in lost revenue.

Ah, but with FP+, they will allow you to reschedule an unused, expired FP+ for a later time or different attraction, subject to availability.

With ADRs, there generally wasn't any availability, as with dining there are far fewer "slots" and less flexibility in being able to just "slide one more in".

Missing a FP+ doesn't generally hurt anyone...in fact it helps the standby line. Missing an ADR results in lost revenue.

But none of what I wanted is available now...so now I'm more vocal at pest relations and telling a young Dutch IP to "shove it's a small world"...

I'm on record as saying I like the fastpass+ system so far...but there are tons of flaws and loopholes in the system. This system is complicated... But it's not anything close to ingenious.

I'm starting to see alot of potential problems that have been discussed here over the last year... As well as the advantages.
It will render the "ride enthusiast" fast pass runner crowd obselete. Definite advantage as wdw isn't the place for it.
But...the whole thing seems to be soley for rare/only visit travelers.
They just don't have enough stuff to justify all the advance bookings...and now they have a website to show just how "little" they have to do for your money. 30 years ago when you had to wait an hour for everything... That didnt matter. When you want me to advance book and walk on and off everything to save you a dollar or two now and going forward... Oh boy... The warts are exposed.
Because I'm not going in the giftshop.

Does anyone know if annual pass holders will get magic bands or just the rfid cards?

As far as is known at this point, Annual Passholders should be getting MagicBands and advanced FP+ reservations, at some point.

We will be arriving in April and upgrading to an annual pass at that time. Will we be able to get magic bands at t hat time or will we have to wait? If we are traveling with friends and their tickets are linked with my MDE will I be able to make FP+ reservations for them as well if we are staying of site? I'm not thinking so but I'm hoping someone here may have more knowledge.

We will be arriving in April and upgrading to an annual pass at that time. Will we be able to get magic bands at t hat time or will we have to wait? If we are traveling with friends and their tickets are linked with my MDE will I be able to make FP+ reservations for them as well if we are staying of site? I'm not thinking so but I'm hoping someone here may have more knowledge.

We don't know yet when AP holders will get these things without a resort stay.

If YOU are staying on site, you'll get a MagicBand and FP+ access because of that. However, if your friends are not staying on site, you won't be able to make FP+ reservations for them (currently - they can only get them on the day they visit at the kiosks right now).

We got our Magic Bands last week! We were at Epcot and they asked us if we would like to participate in a test FP+ for APs and we said said yes! So they signed us up right there in the park for our Magic Bands.

We got our Magic Bands last week! We were at Epcot and they asked us if we would like to participate in a test FP+ for APs and we said said yes! So they signed us up right there in the park for our Magic Bands.

I'd heard about this. My friends and I went to Epcot several times over the past week after class to see if we could get this to happen...no dice. Good thing we live so close that we rarely, if ever, use FP...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter