Annual reading challenge 2018- Join in on the Fun

I in!! I am going to go low and say 10. Hoping for more.

I got Rooster Bar by John Grisham for Christmas and reading it now. I have two unread Danielle Steele books I want to read and Twelve Unlikely Hereos about the disciples. (Not sure of the author).

Put me down for 12. I have to lower my reading goal every year. :rolleyes1

We can friend up on Goodreads if you want. I'm currently reading "Star Wars: Thrawn" a novel by Timothy Zahn.

I have been reading a lot of comic books lately but I promise not to count them toward my reading goal. :-)

Last edited:
So one of my goals for 2018 (I refuse to call them resolutions, lol) is to read more. I'm so not a reader, so I'm pushing for maybe ONE book a month, lol.. At the top of my list is;
The Great Gatsby and The Hating Game

I love mystery, and anything that may take place in the 1920's - 1930's.

I think that I got everybody so far but if I missed anybody or do in the future just PM me so I know.

I Will join and start with 30 and if I do better great. I ended up dropping out last year but am back. I use to be an avid reader but after returning to work am all about Netflix on my days off. I need to get back to it.

I’ll join in this year but to make it easier to achieve, put me down for 12.

I started reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on the 1st January so already off to a good start.

I’ll join in this year but to make it easier to achieve, put me down for 12.

I started reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on the 1st January so already off to a good start.

I like it, maybe I should add Harry Potter to my list.

I joined last year, but then never updated when I read a book! I was horrible at that! :scared: so I would like to join again this year and be better about posting after I have finished a book! Last year my goal was 100 books and I read 112! This year, I will set my goal at 100 again! I started a book 2 night ago and am hoping to finish it tonight. I read a lot of YA, so hopefully no one will mind if I talk about that, but a lot of those are better than adult books in my opinion!

I joined last year, but then never updated when I read a book! I was horrible at that! :scared: so I would like to join again this year and be better about posting after I have finished a book! Last year my goal was 100 books and I read 112! This year, I will set my goal at 100 again! I started a book 2 night ago and am hoping to finish it tonight. I read a lot of YA, so hopefully no one will mind if I talk about that, but a lot of those are better than adult books in my opinion!

I read a lot of young adult too! I agree a lot of times I find them better.

I would like to join in. I used to read at least 2 or 3 books a week, but that stopped when I returned to school, and I never really got back in the habit. I am going to shoot for 25 books this year.

Thank you for this! I am excited to bury myself in a good book again!

I'm in for 10. Lol! Not a lofty goal, but I'm recovering from surgery so I'll get some reading in this winter.

I read a lot of YA, so hopefully no one will mind if I talk about that, but a lot of those are better than adult books in my opinion!

Another YA fan. Though I read all types, what I like about YA is it seldom has authors views in it.

There was a period of time when it seemed like all the "best sellers" were YA and I read a lot of them. I'm in my 40s and reading stories with a teenage protagonist got tiresome after a while. Not that I wouldn't ever read another YA novel, but the label would tend to steer me away from it. I think the last one I read was "Little Brother" by Cory Doctorow and I thought it was completely agenda driven.

So just don't tell me it's YA when you review it and I might check it out. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I'm in! I haven't tracked how many books I typically read in a year so I'm throwing out a goal of 30. I got several books about or written by Imagineers for Christmas, so I'm excited to dive into those.

I'm also visiting the UK later this year and I want to read up on English/Scottish history. Any recommendations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter