• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Alcohol Question

FreddyBeach

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I think I've determined that it is OK to bring your own alcohol on board a DCL ship as long you bring it with you on board and have it in a bag of some sort.

What I don't know yet is... What can you do with it once you have it on board? Are you limited to sneaking a shot into some soda (pop, for you Canadians out there) or having it in your room?

Or are you allowed to (within reason) bring it with you to, say, a deck chair and sip away on your favourite beer?

I'm talking to you, Corona...

Thanks,

Mike

We just go off of the 4-Day Thanksgiving cruise on the Wonder. Hubby brought a flask of whisky and I brought a couple of bottles of wine (w/an opener). We ordered wine glasses from room service and enjoyed wine while getting ready for dinner and also could take the glasses into dinner w/no charge. However, if you bring the bottle of wine, opened or not they will charge you $18/corkage fee.

If your bringing beer I would recommend cans. You could bring an insulated mug and just pour your libation of choice into it to enjoy by the pools!

LGM:)

we hope to do the same. Bring our own, enjoy by pool. I'll prolly just get a couple bottles for dinnertime from the ship. By the time I pay 18 bucks corking, I might as well have saved the trouble. I'll enjoy my own wine by the pool.

DH just carried his beer from the room to where ever he wanted to plant himself. Deck Chair, dining room, he even brought one to the tequila tasting;)

We brought beer to the pool deck and made mixed drinks in our room. We brought a drink of the day everyday and on day one we bought it in the dcl drink of the day cup which we used for our cocktails when we mixed our own. Every night before dinner we mixed a cocktail and took it with us to dinner.:thumbsup2

We just got off the Magic on Saturday. We brought along 2 bottles of wine, a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of rum and a 6-pack of beer. We brought the little rum or bourbon along in a bag and added it to punch or soda from Deck 9. We got wine glasses from a bar (they were plastic) and poured in the room and took them anywhere - dinner, to the bars on the ship, poolside. No problem at all. NOTE: The room steward did not replace the wine glasses each day. Instead he just wiped them "clean". For future cruises, we'll bring dish detergent!

...We got wine glasses from a bar (they were plastic)...

Is there a chance to get a real glass somewhere or are these the only wine glasses you can get to use with your own wine? I just can't imagine drinking my wine out of a plastic glass unless it's on the beach or at the pool, where someone could get hurt from stepping into a broken glass.

Yes you can get a glass from a bartender or your stateroom host/ess. Just ask for glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter