Another Annual Pass Question....

skateshome

Mouseketeer
Pretty sure I know the answer just making sure I'm not missing something here.
About to become a DVC member....yea me!!

We typically travel first week of May or last week of April and stay for a week.

I'm thinking I puchase an annual pass for for our May 2016 trip and then do our 2017 year trip last week of April on the same pass before it expires. I'm not missing anything here am I?

The best thing would be to start going twice a year and get the discounted renewal rate.....but I'm not sure if we can swing that or not.

If you activate your AP on May 1, 2016, then you have until May 1, 2017, to use that AP so you would be good for an April 207 visit.

If you plan to renew after the first year, you would need to try to figure out a way to go more than once a year to make it worth the price. Maybe try to add a 2-3 day visit somewhere between your yearly week long visits. If you do not have the DVC points for the extra visits, you could see about AP discounts at the resorts or stay off-site and take advantage of Free Parking.

If you activate your AP on May 1, 2016, then you have until May 1, 2017, to use that AP...

And to further clarify, that AP would be good until close-of-business ON May 1, 2016
(yes, you get to use it that last "extra day.")

And to further clarify, that AP would be good until close-of-business ON May 1, 2016
(yes, you get to use it that last "extra day.")

Just to verify, I've done that exact same thing several times with APs, use them on the last day. Usually the CM at the gate comments on how smart I am. BTW, I wonder how many others besides me have become AP holders when they became DVC members. I never had an AP before, but the year we joined DVC (2002) was my first year as an AP holder, and I've bought one every year since.

Just to verify, I've done that exact same thing several times with APs, use them on the last day. Usually the CM at the gate comments on how smart I am. BTW, I wonder how many others besides me have become AP holders when they became DVC members. I never had an AP before, but the year we joined DVC (2002) was my first year as an AP holder, and I've bought one every year since.

Well if you use it twice in one year for a 7 day and then 5 day trip you save $1200. After that if you renew at the renewal rate you really haven't wasted any money if you only end up going once. The DVC discount is huge when you have a family of 4.

So do you have to renew the day the current pass expires or do they give you a little time in between expiration and renewal?

So do you have to renew the day the current pass expires or do they give you a little time in between expiration and renewal?

You have 30 days to renew after it expires but it goes back to the date of expiration. IE. Expires on May 1st -- you have to the 30th to renew but the next pass will expire on May 1 of the next year

You have 30 days to renew after it expires but it goes back to the date of expiration. IE. Expires on May 1st -- you have to the 30th to renew but the next pass will expire on May 1 of the next year

AND, you can renew up to 60 days BEFORE the anniversary date.
Just like in the previous situation, a early renewal will retain the same anniversary date as the original AP.

AND, you can renew up to 60 days BEFORE the anniversary date.
Just like in the previous situation, a early renewal will retain the same anniversary date as the original AP.
wait I'm confused. this is our first renewal this year. mine expires on october 11th. our next trip is november 21st. i figured when i renewed it would not activate till i use it for the first time in november? this is not true? if so i loose a month on it then pretty much?

jim

wait I'm confused. this is our first renewal this year.

1. mine expires on october 11th.
2. our next trip is november 21st.
3. i figured when i renewed it would not activate till i use it for the first time in november?
4. this is not true?
5. if so i loose a month on it then pretty much?

jim

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. Sorry.
4. Not true.
5. You're not losing anything.

What we are discussing is RENEWING a current AP.
That always means "retaining the current AP" dates.

If you want to NOT keep the current AP dates,
you don't want to "renew" the old AP, but instead, buy a NEW AP
which will have new dates associated with it.

You need to do the math to see if having that extra month tacked on NEXT year will be worth
the extra cost to buy a new AP vs. renewing your current AP.

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. Sorry.
4. Not true.
5. You're not losing anything.

What we are discussing is RENEWING a current AP.
That always means "retaining the current AP" dates.

If you want to NOT keep the current AP dates,
you don't want to "renew" the old AP, but instead, buy a NEW AP
which will have new dates associated with it.

You need to do the math to see if having that extra month tacked on NEXT year will be worth
the extra cost to buy a new AP vs. renewing your current AP.

Ok I got you. No it won't be worth it. We will end up going this nov which will be trip 1 then next summer so trip 2. The next trip will prob be next Xmas for New Years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter