Another Bank/Borrow Thread Question

AstroBlasters

DIS Veteran
If I have 200 points coming in Feb of 2024…and want them to secure a reservation at 11m for March 2025…does it automatically “bank” the 2024 points to use along with the 2025 points (and some borrowed 2026 point) when I book in April of 2024?

No, you have to bank them yourself. You can do it while you are making the reservation or do it before you start.

If it is a hard to get one that you think you might lose taking that extra minute, then do it ahead of time.

It will also prompt you to borrow what is needed during the reservation process

Bank before making a reservation: borrow while making the reservation.
My banking deadline is January. I want a reservation for October. If I bank the points now, can I use the banked points in March to book the October reservation. Thanks!

My banking deadline is January. I want a reservation for October. If I bank the points now, can I use the banked points in March to book the October reservation. Thanks!

With your June UY, you need to bank your 2023 UY points first if you want them to be available for an October 2024 trip, since thatt is in your June 2024 UY.

I have Feb UY with Feb 2024 points. I would like to book in March for Feb 2025 using 2025 points.

If I don’t use Feb 2024 points, can I bank them later on and then apply them to Feb 2025 reservation and release Feb 2025 points?

I don’t want to bank Feb 2024 points because I may need them to book something prior to the Feb 2025 reservation. Thanks.

If it is a hard to get one that you think you might lose taking that extra minute, then do it ahead of time.

So I'm curious - at what point do you actually "secure" the desired unit. It sounds like it's not really confirmed if you can select the desired unit and are on the screens where you bank/borrow?

Here is what I mean by that:

I had situations where I would see a "rare" room available to reserve at 8am (say AKV Value studio, BLT standard studio or whatever - just something with relatively limited inventory). But when going through the ritual of searching at 8am sharp, and then selecting the unit I'd get a message that it's gone. That part I get - someone probably clicked before me.

But I also had a case where I clicked fast enough and selected the unit and it populated the page, and then I thought I "secured" the unit. At this point I thought I could bank/borrow and add guest all the names during some reasonable time frame and it'd fine to do that. In fact, if I try click away on those screens I get a warning that I am giving up the reservation if I leave. But what happened this one time is that after I got to the last page and expected a confirmation number, I got a page crash with the dwarves, and the reservation was gone. Was that a glitch, or was I just under the illusion that the reservation is secure if I am able to select the desired unit?

I have Feb UY with Feb 2024 points. I would like to book in March for Feb 2025 using 2025 points.

If I don’t use Feb 2024 points, can I bank them later on and then apply them to Feb 2025 reservation and release Feb 2025 points?

I don’t want to bank Feb 2024 points because I may need them to book something prior to the Feb 2025 reservation. Thanks.
Short answer: yes. :) If you don't use the 2024 points you can bank them (if you do it on or before 9/30/2025). After you bank the points, you would modify the March 2025 reservation, keeping everything the same (dates, resort, villa type, etc.). The system will reallocate the points assigned to that reservation, taking the banked points first.

Last edited:
So I'm curious - at what point do you actually "secure" the desired unit. It sounds like it's not really confirmed if you can select the desired unit and are on the screens where you bank/borrow?

Here is what I mean by that:

I had situations where I would see a "rare" room available to reserve at 8am (say AKV Value studio, BLT standard studio or whatever - just something with relatively limited inventory). But when going through the ritual of searching at 8am sharp, and then selecting the unit I'd get a message that it's gone. That part I get - someone probably clicked before me.

But I also had a case where I clicked fast enough and selected the unit and it populated the page, and then I thought I "secured" the unit. At this point I thought I could bank/borrow and add guest all the names during some reasonable time frame and it'd fine to do that. In fact, if I try click away on those screens I get a warning that I am giving up the reservation if I leave. But what happened this one time is that after I got to the last page and expected a confirmation number, I got a page crash with the dwarves, and the reservation was gone. Was that a glitch, or was I just under the illusion that the reservation is secure if I am able to select the desired unit?

It should hold the unit once you get to the names screen. The problem that I have had happen to me recently with booking a VGF deluxe studio is that they system crashed while I was still in the booking process....I had gotten to the screen where you click I agree to book and then the dwares, just like you.

I refreshed and the room was gone and I didn't end up getting it. It is why we adjusted our December trip dates next year because I needed two of them.

So, I do think it holds, unless we get the crash....that is why I never take any extra time to do anything I don't have to do...I even leave me as lead guest for multiple rooms because that is easy to change via chat later on.

To confirm what Carol said, you have to do the modification and reallocation yourself. The system will not do it for you once you bank!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter