Another CRT question

thelegacy27

Mouseketeer
So my sister made the reservation for CRT and since she booked a package, it was prepaid for with the dining plan.

Fast forward to today, where she canceled her package and will just bunk in my mom's room, which is rented dvc points because her bf is no longer coming.

I called dining today and they assured me that the reservation WOULD NOT CANCEL bc the system sees it as being prepaid with the dining plan and that we would just have to pay when we get there. Does this sound correct at all? The only reason I'm doubting it is bc since the package was canceled, there's no dining plan linked to it anymore.

Another question, since the bf isn't coming anymore, there will only be 9 at the reservation instead of 10. Will we have to pay a no show fee for him? I would've tried to change it to 9 but the CM said in order to do that I would need to cancel and rebook and risk losing it all together.

Thanks for reading, all-knowing DIS members!

Not sure about it canceling. However, you won't have to pay for him not showing. You only pay if no one shows. If the number in the party was going to significantly decrease, then I would call and change it. 1 isn't that big of a deal. I have changed it when it went from 3->2, since those can be different table sizes.

So my sister made the reservation for CRT and since she booked a package, it was prepaid for with the dining plan.

Fast forward to today, where she canceled her package and will just bunk in my mom's room, which is rented dvc points because her bf is no longer coming.

1. I called dining today and they assured me that the reservation WOULD NOT CANCEL bc the system sees it as being prepaid with the dining plan and that we would just have to pay when we get there. Does this sound correct at all? The only reason I'm doubting it is bc since the package was canceled, there's no dining plan linked to it anymore.

2. Another question, since the bf isn't coming anymore, there will only be 9 at the reservation instead of 10. Will we have to pay a no show fee for him?

3. I would've tried to change it to 9 but the CM said in order to do that I would need to cancel and rebook and risk losing it all together.
1. The CRT reservation will not be cancelled. It wasn't actually "prepaid" with the dining plan because credits aren't deducted until you are at the restaurant. When you get to CRT, let the server know you will be paying OOP. No dining reservations are cancelled when a resort room reservation or package is cancelled so if there are any dining reservations your sister no longer needs, she will need to cancel them.

2. You will not be charged the no show fee for him. For any reservation the no show penalty is only charged if the reservation isn't cancelled by the deadline and no one shows up at the restaurant.

3. Whether there are 9 or 10, you would be seated at the same size table(s) so there's no need to change the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter