• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Another current story

@jesusfreak75 Here's the entire video you're referring to:
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...ge-ahmaud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/
The video is shown at high speed, but actually covers about 13-14 minutes of unedited surveillance camera video.

The video shows a man (who Arbery's family and their attorney say is Arbery) jogging down the street. He walks over to a house under construction and enters the garage. The house is wide open and unsecured. He exits the garage and goes around to the rear of the house, out of camera view. About 5 minutes later, he emerges from the front door and jogs down the street in the same direction he was going. He did not appear to have taken anything from the house.

At worst, he was trespassing on a construction site, which is a misdemeanor. Georgia law permits "citizen arrest" only if the crime is a felony.

Therefore, the attempt to arrest Arbery was illegal. Threatening him with firearms constitutes the felony of aggravated assault...which the defendants were charged with. Therefore, felony murder. I don't know about GA law, but in Florida, felony murder can be a capital punishment case.

In the Atlanta Journal story, they say 3 shots were fired. I had not seen that before and don't know if it's accurate, but Arbery's family attorney also claims he was shot 3 times.
Maybe because I’m a woman who has had three kids destroy my bladder but my first thought was, “Maybe he had to pee.” Not that it’s right to do but it wouldn’t be unheard of. I do see the port o potty out front but if given the chance I personally would choose an indoor space. Even sped up it doesn’t look like he was all fired up to get the hell out of there. As mentioned above I have walked into homes under construction out of sheer curiosity many times without ever thinking about it.

I had heard is was three shots before the video.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authoriti...ior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html[\url]
More to the story than originally thought. Outcome was still murder, but may not have just been an innocent jogger.

Funny, I just came in from my run and am enjoying a piece of leftover pizza. My coach isn't going to be too happy with my pace today. Know why?

I stopped to look in 3 new ranch models they're building in the development across the street. It's the same builder as ours and I wanted to see how they've made these houses different than those in my development.

I'm sure I looked suspicious because I was wearing a hat, sunglasses, and a gaiter to cover my mouth and nose.

Oh, wait. I'm a short white woman so I'm safe to look in houses under construction.

Maybe because I’m a woman who has had three kids destroy my bladder but my first thought was, “Maybe he had to pee.” Not that it’s right to do but it wouldn’t be unheard of. I do see the port o potty out front but if given the chance I personally would choose an indoor space. Even sped up it doesn’t look like he was all fired up to get the hell out of there. As mentioned above I have walked into homes under construction out of sheer curiosity many times without ever thinking about it.

I had heard is was three shots before the video.

The first video I watched there were 3 shots. I think they have now pulled that video from public view.

here it is: https://www.ajc.com/news/local/bring-charges-against-brunswick-shooter/fz7taEww0Nqfedg8JgXm2K/

I am fascinated by home construction and have entered empty framed out houses under construction. So I don't believe there is "more to this story". The 911 operators kept asking what he did wrong and they couldn't understand why these men were hunting him.

My DH works in new home construction- specifically finish work. We are forever poking around in empty, unfinished homes on weekends so he can plan for his week ahead. I guess that makes him prime for being gunned down too. Oh yeah....unlikely though since he's a middle aged white guy.

Geez. When I was in college, a new development went up near where I grew up. My friends and I (one was an architecture student) spent the summer navigating the houses under construction. I had no idea I could be arrested for that.

Geez. When I was in college, a new development went up near where I grew up. My friends and I (one was an architecture student) spent the summer navigating the houses under construction. I had no idea I could be arrested for that.
Even the authorities looking into this say it’s not necessarily a crime.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authoriti...ior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html[\url]
More to the story than originally thought. Outcome was still murder, but may not have just been an innocent jogger.

Found this at your link.

An individual believed to be Arbery was seen at a property under construction for less than 3 minutes – and did nothing illegal – before being ambushed a short while later, lawyers said in a statement Saturday night.
The surveillance video was "consistent with the evidence already known to us" that Arbery made a brief stop at the site while out for a run and "engaged in no illegal activity," they said.
"Ahmaud did not take anything from the construction site. He did not cause any damage to the property," the attorneys said. "He remained for a brief period of time and was not instructed by anyone to leave but rather left on his own accord to continue his jog. Ahmaud’s actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law."

None of the builders around here care whether you go all the way into a partially completed house. Once it is to a certain point and they don't want people messing it up, it gets locked. But they don't care if you look in the windows. And around here, you're not going to be tossed in jail for trespassing unless it's fenced off and well marked or if they ask you to leave and you don't.

It's extremely common as in a daily occurance around here for people to go into homes under construction. We know people did that for our house while it was constructed up until the garage doors were installed and the front door had the lock box installed (and the code was only given to those who needed to be in the house like us and construction crews). One time we came up to go peaking through our house to see the progress and several kids were playing inside it. Only reason that gave me cause for concern is because at that point none of the stairs had any railing (to the upstairs or basement) and in the driveway the gravel (that is underneath the concrete that hadn't been poured yet) towards the garage had a sawblade just sticking out and nails were all around.

There are some builders around here who only let the new homeowners (their clients) into the home supervised but that's a liability concern for them when the lot doesn't belong to the homeowner yet and still belongs to the builder. That said you aren't really prevented when it's other people until the lock box is installed.

Heck people around here frequently pick up yellow rock (underneath a lot of the soil around here and many use for landscaping) and unwanted discarded 2X4s too, that's common to drive around the neighborhoods to do that.

None of this would be cause for alarm at all, sure if there were items being taken out yet you might call the police on potential theft if you really feel that's what happened. You do not go and chase after someone especially armed like that. No excuse for that at all just none.

Interesting - here is the letter from the 2nd DA (NOT local to the area) who reviewed the case, but apparently the mother didn't want it assigned to him.

I have not seen any official information regarding what the "Solid, first hand evidence" the DA refers to is regarding. it is obviously part of the case files social media/media/news stations do not have access to.

I will still defer on judging the men charged as so many have until the case is presented in full. Too many unknown facts right now.n

https://www.scribd.com/document/460...ed-in-25-year-old-s-shooting-death#from_embed

Interesting - here is the letter from the 2nd DA (NOT local to the area) who reviewed the case, but apparently the mother didn't want it assigned to him.

I have not seen any official information regarding what the "Solid, first hand evidence" the DA refers to is regarding. it is obviously part of the case files social media/media/news stations do not have access to.

I will still defer on judging the men charged as so many have until the case is presented in full. Too many unknown facts right now.n

https://www.scribd.com/document/460...ed-in-25-year-old-s-shooting-death#from_embed
The thing to remember about this letter is that it has nothing to do with the defendants' guilt or innocence. They are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in court.

The letter attempts to explain why DA Barnhill thinks the two defendants should not be arrested.

Others, including the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and a judge, disagreed and they have been arrested, so the letter is largely irrelevant.

Curious what facts you think are unknown/missing? The video very much speaks for itself.

I know they are due their day in court, but I think in this particular case, there is no question on the validity of these charges.

A white man can walk into a Walmart and start shooting people, and end up arrested without a single shot fired at him.

A black man can't even go out for a jog.

Last edited:
The letter from DA Barnhill mentions how Mr. Arbery attacked or interacted with the McMichaels. The only thing I can think about is this:

You are black man. You are out for a jog. Two white men, in a pickup truck, in Georgia, carrying weapons, says something to you about a being under citizens arrest. They don't say they are police. They aren't dressed like police. They don't have badges. What do you do? Stand there? Come quietly? What are they arresting you for? What if they want to murder you? Here we are with these good ole boys in a state with a history of racism and lynching. Next to a state where a black teen was killed only a few years before by some jerk with violent tendencies. They've got guns. What do you do? You fight, that's what you do.

The letter from DA Barnhill mentions how Mr. Arbery attacked or interacted with the McMichaels. The only thing I can think about is this:

You are black man. You are out for a jog. Two white men, in a pickup truck, in Georgia, carrying weapons, says something to you about a being under citizens arrest. They don't say they are police. They aren't dressed like police. They don't have badges. What do you do? Stand there? Come quietly? What are they arresting you for? What if they want to murder you? Here we are with these good ole boys in a state with a history of racism and lynching. Next to a state where a black teen was killed only a few years before by some jerk with violent tendencies. They've got guns. What do you do? You fight, that's what you do.
Exactly. :worship:

What gets me is some of the comments I’ve read, “Well, if he had just followed their orders.” Really? Do people really think anyone would have? I get the idea that a white man or a woman wouldn’t have been expected to or even asked to.

What gets me is some of the comments I’ve read, “Well, if he had just followed their orders.” Really? Do people really think anyone would have? I get the idea that a white man or a woman wouldn’t have been expected to or even asked to.

Yeah really I am not sure why anyone thinks they had a right to give "orders." I know if I saw 2 dudes riding around my neighborhood with guns I would call the police on them. Just because someone is white, male and armed doesn't mean they have any business giving "orders."

Yes! And really, as a woman there's no way I'd go along with it if two random men tried to detain me on the street. That's how you get abducted/raped/murdered. I think I'd try to run first and fight if I couldn't get away.

How many times over the years have there been stories of fake police trying to attack women? Feels like the same scenario, right?

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/l...cer-sends-warning/6QDIHHOD7VE43HVILX2FSSDXOI/
https://www.9news.com/article/news/...ident/73-adfa3ce2-53b9-4e4a-b5d3-2cdaea1bf338

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter