Another Delta question - statement credit on Delta card

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
I know this is kind of off topic. But, a lot of people here travel and might use a Delta Skymiles Card.

I will try to call the Delta customer service number to confirm... and be on hold!!!
But, has anyone here used the statement credit that comes as a sign-up bonus to buy miles? Or is that excluded as a 'cash equivalent' (according to the fine print!!!)

If we don't book another flight soon, I thought that might be a good way to go ahead and make use of that statement credit before it expires.

Thanks!

It is an actual statement credit. I bought my airfare and I think a few weeks later the $200 credit showed up. I don't know if it can be used to buy miles though, but I don't see why not. It is actually a credit on your account. Buy the miles with the Delta Amex and they will post to your statement like a regular charge.

I don't know if you can buy miles or not, but you can buy a Delta gift card for the credit.

Wow... the fine print I am seeing mentions Gift Cards, and also, other 'cash' equivalents as exclusions???
Are Delta Miles a 'cash equivalent'?
We will check directly with Delta and I will post here, just for the record.
Thanks!

I think you actually buy the points from a different seller through them, it likely won’t count.

We called Delta, and the rep said 'flights only'...
Which to me, is a far cry from 'Delta Purchase'.
Some flyers report that they have even purchased a Delta Gift Card, and it worked... As recently as last month.
Others say it did not work, even after calling and asking for their statement credit.
Arrrrghhhh!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter