Another Disney Wedding..Oh My!...

sheri18

DIS Veteran
So we just booked a last minute trip...well at least last minute for us...we have dear friends who are getting married at Disney in August..even though they have been together 15 years..they just planned this...it was originally for Key West..but changed their minds to Disney..yay...so we jumped on board..

I can’t believe we are going in 5 weeks..yikes. We usually plan 9 months out...is this even possible? Anyone done such a last minute trip..?

and all our trips, none have been in July/August....how unbearable will the heat/ crowds be like.

Then of course my friends G +L the reason we are going...they were in Florida last week applying for their marriage license.70A788F3-7E58-40DE-B415-C08A61DA3FBF.jpeg

G loves Disney..went with her family and loves it all...L..well not so much..he could take it or leave it...would probably prefer to leave it..lol. But he is a great guy, an even better friend to my family..so Disney it is...so how could I not go...I love them, and I love Disney..win.win

I enjoy going in July/August when it’s hot. It’s not typically so crowded, but this year is likely to be anything except normal. Is your friend planning any group activities as part of her wedding? Dinners, dessert parties, or other meetings besides the actual wedding? How involved in the wedding will you be? Will you be doing any girl’s activities like spa days or lunches? I had my wedding at WDW and the days leading up the the wedding were filled with lots of activities like these between us and our guests, and then after the wedding was all park days.

Very short back story, G is an only child, her dad has passed and her mom is not able to travel, L paren passed years ago, and I didn’t want them to not have anyone there for them..I consider them family...and hope they feel the same..I practically am a wedding crasher.

My 2 friends would love to go also..they are sisters, M and P..but only M might come because they take care of their 96 year old mom.. and both are not able to go...CB60A49E-B421-4556-A6B2-DA93B1BCE162.jpeg

P on the left, M, than me..friends for over 50 years..
M is planning on going just for 3 days...and while I know the wedding is the reason..I can’t imagine going and not making a trip out of it...so do I go alone? What should I do..

Now once again DH does not want to go...I was trying to justify going for just 3 short days..but then my DS1 who loves Disney and is an AP holder and DVC said ....maybe we will go too...this way we can go for a week....what. Really...to tell you the truth I was surprised as we just went in January..but yay. But ..now can we find somewhere to stay for 7 people last minute. We already booked for next January..at BW ... is that even possible?...

our trip in January was DS1, DIL1, and 2 of their 4 kids, the oldest 2 couldn’t come with us, which was very hard for us, their mom would not let them go...but yay ..this time they are

so thankful that my son loves Disney, and is wanting to go again..and so happy that the girls are coming with us. So 7 it is..
DS2 and family will not be joining in as they also just went with us in January..
3B08749F-C27B-4AC4-A9AF-1DDF5D2664FB.jpeg

trying to find a hotel 5 weeks out is very difficult...we have been staying DVC for so long now, that we have been spoiled..and nothing in DVC available...DS1 loves the Epcot area. With 4 kids and me in tow, the convenience of being able to walk to 2 parks has been a plus for us.

BW, BC, and YC no availability..for 2 rooms 7 nights...

we thought of maybe staying off property...Wyndham Bonnet Creek (DS2 and family have stayed there and we liked it..but then back to getting around the parks. Car rentals prices are crazy...
so now what to do.....

so DS1 booked us at the Swan, for 7 Nights, with the AP discount it wasn’t bad..we will definitely miss having extra bedrooms and full kitchen , but we are still in the area..so sort of a win...we are a little disappointed but we will get over it ..lol2D4401C4-A5CD-4403-968C-68F3517BDBC7.jpeg

so flights are booked...JetBlue...Boston to Orlando..noon flight out, morning flight back to Boston..
7/28-8/4...now you may have seen me mention..how DH is once again not coming...which is sad..but the day we leave is our 42 anniversary..boy do I feel guilty...but flights keep going up, and for 7 flights we had to go with the most reasonable...

so now that hotel is booked. Flights booked...AP’s renewed..onto trying to get ADR 4 weeks out for 7 people for 3 of the nights..and 10 people the other nights. Is this even possible???

I was able to make a couple of ADR...the first night we get there we have one for the 7 of us at Big River Grille..so we can simply walk to it after checking into the Swan and unpacking.

I also booked IL Mulino for Sunday for the 10 of us..my 7 and the bride and groom to be and our friend Mary..
G+L (aka bride and groom) are flying down on friday, Mary will gt there on Saturday and will leave on Tuesday morning..so basically the only full day together is Sunday....
now to figure out what to do...which park, lunch ect...

I enjoy going in July/August when it’s hot. It’s not typically so crowded, but this year is likely to be anything except normal. Is your friend planning any group activities as part of her wedding? Dinners, dessert parties, or other meetings besides the actual wedding? How involved in the wedding will you be? Will you be doing any girl’s activities like spa days or lunches? I had my wedding at WDW and the days leading up the the wedding were filled with lots of activities like these between us and our guests, and then after the wedding was all park days.
Not sure of all the plans yet.....this has been a whirlwind..planning to get married in Florida in 6-8 weeks..god bless her...when my DH1 got married at disney the planning was crazy.
G and L want to keep it simple..as I said her mom cannot travel, her dad has passed and both of L‘s parents have passed...so it’s just us 10 of us total..which will be small, intimate, and so personal...I am truly blessed that I am a part of this...after 15 years G deserves this lol..

honestly it was going to be just the 2 of them..until I sort of wedding crashed ahead of time..

I’m trying to get excited to be staying at the Swan, but still slightly disappointed that we are not staying at BC or BW......our past 6 trips or so have been there and having DVC we are so use to the bigger rooms, kitchen ect... I did book a cabana at S+D for one of our days..
02184922-19AE-4D18-8E23-315E87EE40DD.jpeg

in all our trips they have never been in the midd of the summer,
we have gone in January, February, March, May, September, October
so the heat and the crowds may be too much...so a relaxing pool day..

the majority of are trips are a minimum of 7 to 10 or moreover us... ..but we usually plans 6 months or more out....so now trying for 4-5 weeks, for 7 people on someday and nights to 10 people on a few others..
well not going to well...as we know a large dining party is hard to get 60 days out ..never mind now 33 days out...sometimes the 180 days out was not enough..

so as of right now we have for:
Wednesday night on our arrival day
FF053DDA-7835-467D-83ED-1580AB00F275.jpeg
another easy walk ..
we will be able to walk over so happy with this one...my others not so much....

Thursday:
BEA76FC7-F421-47CA-A2F4-7D31FF3EF9D4.jpeg

Another one we can walk too..so not bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter