• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another dumb airport question-Bradley/Hartford

I usually park in lot 2 and walk. I find it easier than having to call in info for the shuttle (I hate making phone calls!).

What we liked about the on site parking, coming in very late with 4 small children, was our son's ability to go get the car while we got the luggage. I THINK it took less time to walk to the car, pay & drive over than a shuttle would have. By the time he was back, we had all the luggage off the carousel and the car seats ready and waiting.

That is what my dh likes as well. We don't do checked bags, well maybe one depending on where we are going (scuba gear gets checked). On our return, it arrives around 11:30pm so he does not want to wait for a shuttle. I paid for the extra room seats on Jet Blue so we can board first, stow our luggage/carry on sized above us and then get off and take the 45 min drive home.

I usually park in lot 2 and walk. I find it easier than having to call in info for the shuttle (I hate making phone calls!).

DH hates phone calls too. I am leaning towards lot 2. I have parked there when it was short term parking YEARS ago and with in the past 2 years I think the short term in the garage was full so I had to go outside the garage to park, not as far as Lot 2 but we were not right across from the elevator/walkway.

Just curious if anyone has used the new Lot-Parking Lot 1 Express Shuttle Lot? Or even Lot 2?

We just flew in April and I dropped my mom off in January and February you would think I would of paid attention as I drove away but nooooo....

My dh prefers to park in the garage, he is a snob and he likes the garage for the ease of walking out and in the winter if he has to travel for the snow factor. In April he drove right to the top and we parked right next to the elevator so his logic of wanting the car to be covered for all the years just went down the drain on our April trip.

So now we are flying in August and I am looking to save a little vs spending the nearly $200 to park for 11 3/4 days.

Google doesn't have an updated lot picture but I can see where it is (both lots) but I am wondering if you walk outside or in thru the terminal/Sheraton. My dh stayed at the Sheraton in April/March (when it snowed and we lost power and I was stuck at home running the generator and not him...yeah yeah sob story) and he said it was so nice to just walk from there. We are not staying at the Sheraton-no availability, we have 5 of us and they only sleep 4 plus their daily parking fee is crazy.

I just PDF'd the coupon for the new lot for one free night so I am hoping that convinces him to try it. We are all able bodied and can walk, if my mom was with us like in April we would just park in the garage as it is an easier walk for her. We are also arriving at the airport by around 5:30am :scared: for a 7am flight-it just changed from 7:45 to earlier, 2nd time, I am thrilled....And our return arrives around 11:30 pm.

Thanks

I haven't parked in an airport lot in years. We always park over at Roncari and are always in the airport within 10-15 minutes of getting out of our car over at Roncari. We always fly out on the earliest flight (usually between 5:30-7AM_ and return around 11PM.

If I were currently thinking of parking at the airport, I'd be paying careful attention to the changing traffic patterns on the roads around the airport. They are doing a bunch of construction, and the way it is now might not be the way it is a few weeks from now.

I haven't parked in an airport lot in years. We always park over at Roncari and are always in the airport within 10-15 minutes of getting out of our car over at Roncari. We always fly out on the earliest flight (usually between 5:30-7AM_ and return around 11PM.

If I were currently thinking of parking at the airport, I'd be paying careful attention to the changing traffic patterns on the roads around the airport. They are doing a bunch of construction, and the way it is now might not be the way it is a few weeks from now.

Thanks.

I took my mother in January and February, picked her up in March, took my dh and picked him up also in March (or was it April...when we lost power and he was in Orlando eating in Disney Springs for work and we had one car that broke down) and then we went in April. And when we were leaving the airport in April we saw the crazy exit pattern that we did not see the week before.

There shouldn't be too much if any construction workers at 5:30am. And at least the airport is small so if we miss something we can just drive around again.

We went yesterday-dh wanted Rits's so that was about 2/3 of the way up!

He seemed satisfied with Lot 1 & 2. I even made him get off the hotel exit (I forget that route) and I kept saying "Look $6.95/day" at the Lazfly lots and he said one of the VPs likes to park at Roncari so I was trying for that one too when we drove by. I am aiming for Lot 2. He said he would drop us off so we don't have to walk but we need to wake up so the walking will be good for us! So at least Lot 1&2 are cheaper then the garage.

His response yesterday was "I like to just be able to walk out to the terminal." He has never been to JFK!

Clearly, he can afford it and enjoys the cache of VIP parking. I'd let it go. Suggest a marshmallow roast using 100 dollar bills for heat. People who enjoy spending money cannot be deterred. Tell him there's a new tax on the parking - see if that doesn't cure his 'snobbery'. ;-)

Just curious if anyone has used the new Lot-Parking Lot 1 Express Shuttle Lot? Or even Lot 2?

We just flew in April and I dropped my mom off in January and February you would think I would of paid attention as I drove away but nooooo....

My dh prefers to park in the garage, he is a snob and he likes the garage for the ease of walking out and in the winter if he has to travel for the snow factor. In April he drove right to the top and we parked right next to the elevator so his logic of wanting the car to be covered for all the years just went down the drain on our April trip.

So now we are flying in August and I am looking to save a little vs spending the nearly $200 to park for 11 3/4 days.

Google doesn't have an updated lot picture but I can see where it is (both lots) but I am wondering if you walk outside or in thru the terminal/Sheraton. My dh stayed at the Sheraton in April/March (when it snowed and we lost power and I was stuck at home running the generator and not him...yeah yeah sob story) and he said it was so nice to just walk from there. We are not staying at the Sheraton-no availability, we have 5 of us and they only sleep 4 plus their daily parking fee is crazy.

I just PDF'd the coupon for the new lot for one free night so I am hoping that convinces him to try it. We are all able bodied and can walk, if my mom was with us like in April we would just park in the garage as it is an easier walk for her. We are also arriving at the airport by around 5:30am :scared: for a 7am flight-it just changed from 7:45 to earlier, 2nd time, I am thrilled....And our return arrives around 11:30 pm.

Thanks
Check groupon and living social, you can get a discounted sheraton parking pass on there almost all the time. We've gotten spoiled by the ease of getting in and out there... it is SO easy! and early morning flights means they sometimes have the side security open which makes the line even shorter....I love parking there.

and for those looking for a great price on the sheraton garage which is hooked to the terminal, go through airportparkingreservations.com and sign up for their coupons, 7.00 was the highest i got off and you prepay and print reciept . when you return just head to sheraton desk and they hand you the exit ticket. 8 days last april school vacation week 66.00

Clearly, he can afford it and enjoys the cache of VIP parking. I'd let it go. Suggest a marshmallow roast using 100 dollar bills for heat. People who enjoy spending money cannot be deterred. Tell him there's a new tax on the parking - see if that doesn't cure his 'snobbery'. ;-)

He/we can't afford it, I mean we can but it is more of a luxury which is why were have not been to Disney in 5 years (I have been saving). Work pays for the garage when he travels for work and I am looking at a way to save some since all they do in CT is take from us hard working middle class people. He is good with parking at Lot 1 or 2 since we did the drive by last week. He never pays attention to the other lots since he is on auto pilot and just goes to the garage and he likes a certain level to park on. He just has no desire to take a shuttle.

Check groupon and living social, you can get a discounted sheraton parking pass on there almost all the time. We've gotten spoiled by the ease of getting in and out there... it is SO easy! and early morning flights means they sometimes have the side security open which makes the line even shorter....I love parking there.

I tried a few times as a suggestion from momtwoboys but he parks there for work on occasion when he stays there and said the parking is limited. If the flight was not at 7:05am I think he would be OK with it as there would be more time to search for spots. but he is really concerned that there won't be a spot-yes they won't sell you a spot unless there is one. I may still try to talk him into that one since it is cheaper and he does like parking there when he stays over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter