Another fight and no one to stop it.

I read on fb that two from the matching shirt family were arrested and the other family is banned for life. I don't know if the matching shirt family was also banned, it didn't say. Not sure if it's true or not.

I chuckled, but I actually could see something like this happening.
I remember the first video I saw of a fight at WDW. It was a belligerent drunk in the queue for Haunted Mansion (maybe Tower of Terror) a number of years ago. I was in shock that it could happen at WDW with children present. Now its just another day in the park.

The old adage is proven true-If you are looking for trouble you can always find it. You can even find it at WDW now.

Last edited:
Some of the rudest people I’ve ever met in my life were extremely wealthy. Violence was the end result, but rudeness was really the issue.
True. Anyone can be rude. But we have found that the instances of fights and just bad behavior are less the more the place we are staying or visiting costs.

True. Anyone can be rude. But we have found that the instances of fights and just bad behavior are less the more the place we are staying or visiting costs.

True to a point. When you spend a lot on an experience, you don't want to ruin it. However, Disney is still cheap enough. Ticket prices would have to go up significantly.

So many sad but true statements here.

It's such a shame that things can escalate so quickly

I read on fb that two from the matching shirt family were arrested and the other family is banned for life. I don't know if the matching shirt family was also banned, it didn't say. Not sure if it's true or not.
I would assume that if the "matching shirt" family was arrested, a ban is also for them valid. I feel bad if other family who was banned got banned because in essense they were attacked and provoked ( more defense).

True.. look at Carnival vs Disney cruises. I am sure DCL has had it rare incidents, but Carnival at times you would think is a fight club.

True.. look at Carnival vs Disney cruises. I am sure DCL has had it rare incidents, but Carnival at times you would think is a fight club.

Well, that depends on a lot of factors. We went on a Carnival cruise from Tampa in Feb. one year, it was the most quiet, boring cruise I've ever been on. It was mostly older folks and the whole ship shut down by 10 pm.

I heard something in the video that sounded like a racial slur. There was likely an instigating party but both sides hold some of the guilt.
Based upon fighting over Philharmagic, they probably said "be our guest" or "hakuna matata"

True to a point. When you spend a lot on an experience, you don't want to ruin it. However, Disney is still cheap enough. Ticket prices would have to go up significantly.
Exactly. A few posts up, I said the same thing. Raise ticket prices and price out some of these large groups looking for a fight.

So true. One of the reasons we won’t sail on carnival or royal. We only sail Disney. I will say that we witnessed an almost fight on the dream at satellite falls. It gives us pause on sailing on the dream again, or really any of the ships if the price dips too low. We normally sail on the 8 nights or longer cruises that cost more.

I heard something in the video that sounded like a racial slur. There was likely an instigating party but both sides hold some of the guilt.
Where did you hear a slur? It was honestly hard to hear anything aside from screaming.

There sure was instigating--you don't wait for a group of people after an attraction/ride/show whatever is over unless you're instigating.

I do think after a point it goes from defense to a joint thing and that might have been why Disney banned the group who had the member of the party get out of line to get their cell phone as they were at first defending but then kept going after the initial altercation was done but that's just my guess.

Disney would have likely banned the group that got arrested too.

It really looks like mob mentality took over for both groups

I think the new Knott’s policy is for Fridays and Saturdays only. Someone 21 or over can chaperone up to 3 people 17 or under. And the entire party is supposed to stay together at all times.

Hmmm, I wonder if parents with two well-behaved teens will be ejected if they let the kids go on Ghost Rider by themselves.
If the policy is supposed the be that the entire party stays together, it applies to everyone including the parents of the "well-behaved" teens.

None of the articles that I have read were particularly well investigated or written but I believe that in one of the earlier articles it was stated that the brother of the girl who had been shoved was the one who waited outside of the show to confront the matching shirt family. If that is the case, it makes sense that they would be banned.

The facts that just came out about the "victim" family being banned and kicked out of the Riveria came from a source inside that family. So, we do not know that the matching shirt family didn't get banned.

I would assume that if the "matching shirt" family was arrested, a ban is also for them valid. I feel bad if other family who was banned got banned because in essense they were attacked and provoked ( more defense).

In theory I agree with you and the idea of somebody laying in wait makes me absolutely sick. However it does appear that that a member of the non-matching family goes back into scuffle and throws a punch. If that’s the case, I can see where they’re at fault as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter