• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another great stay at BLT

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
My family booked a 1 bedroom LV last year ...BLT is our home resort and then my DSis and family booked cash a LK Studio. I called DVC Member services and gave them my sisters reservation number and requested for our rooms to be linked.....we will try but of course there is no guarantee.....

.....well the Pixie Dust came through....not only were our Villas connected we were placed on the 16th floor rooms 8635/8637 over looking the pool and lake.....WoW what a view....we were steps from TOWL....and the elevator...very convenient location.

The only glitch was after checking and heading to the elevators, we all get on but the button to the 16th floor will not hold. We all get off we are thinking we need to take a different elevator. I am about to go to the front desk when A light bulb goes off....back in the elevator I notice RFID pad hold my KTTWC up to hit 16 and away we go. We had to use our key card to access our floor each time. My boys loved this....very VIP...

I loved the check in desk being at BLT. I also loved how the CM were waiting for you as soon as you pull up with a smile. Welcoming us and telling us our rooms were ready.....yes two villas on 16 ready at 11:50 am.....hurray! What away to start our vacation....and then when the front desk told us our rooms connected we were thrilled.

I did notice right away that the mainlining area looked a little small our room did not fan out like our previous stay on the outer loop. Also after looking a my previous stay picture still on my camera I noticed it was definitely different. Our kitchen this time had a small island with no stools for seating.....oh well....we were so happy to be linked together.

We were there for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. First night we walked down the hall and watched Wishes from the deck of TOWL, not crowded at all. We did not go to the lounge at all to tried at night.

Any questions....I will be happy to answer.......I just love BLT location....very breezy and comfortable all week by the lake.....oh we had great weather ...hot in the pm , but mornings comfortable....evenings breezy and barely any rain.:cloud9::cloud9:

Sounds great. We are staying there for the first time in one week. We are so excited. We would like a high floor as well. I bet the view from the 16th floor is amazing. Any photos?

Have they fixed the lighting in the master bath? We stayed in a 1 BR in Jan. 2010 when it was very new, and there were gorgeous sconces on each side of the master bath mirror. Unfortunately those gorgeous sconces cast terrible shadows on your face, making it very difficult for DH to shave and for me to put on makeup!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did notice right away that the mainlining area looked a little small our room did not fan out like our previous stay on the outer loop. Also after looking a my previous stay picture still on my camera I noticed it was definitely different. Our kitchen this time had a small island with no stools for seating.....oh well....we were so happy to be linked together.

There are some subtle differences between BLT's even numbered villas, which face outward on the crescent, and some of the odd numbered villas that face the pool. Villas with room numbers like yours -- xx35/xx37 -- are true rectangular-shaped villas. These villas do not have the overhang on the kitchen island and lack the bar stools for seating that you find in the even numbered villas. The rectangular-shaped villas also have a walk-in utility room that has the washer/dryer and storage space. The even numbered villas do not have a utility room; the washer/dryer is tucked away in a closet.

There are some subtle differences between BLT's even numbered villas, which face outward on the crescent, and some of the odd numbered villas that face the pool. Villas with room numbers like yours -- xx35/xx37 -- are true rectangular-shaped villas. These villas do not have the overhang on the kitchen island and lack the bar stools for seating that you find in the even numbered villas. The rectangular-shaped villas also have a walk-in utility room that has the washer/dryer and storage space. The even numbered villas do not have a utility room; the washer/dryer is tucked away in a closet.

I liked the large utility room...my BIL stored his golf clubs there and we put our suitcases in there too.

I did not take many photos....but I never mastered the photo share....trust me great views.

I did not notice the mb lightening being a problem. I stayed there in April 2010 and I do not remember a problem.

I really noticed after being over at WL, BC and GF this time how BLT very unique because it really is it on resort with a big hotel next door. The other resorts that I mentioned just have a building of Villas....nice...but BLT location and setting on the lake really rocks....:thumbsup2

We recently stayed in an odd-numbered 1BR at BLT and wondered if the utility room was unique to the 1BRs on the inner curve of the building so thanks for posting this. We really appreciated having that space -- after unpacking we stashed our luggage in there for the week. I also noticed that the solid door to that space muted most of the noise from the washer/dryer. I often do a load of laundry in the evening and it was so pleasant sitting in the living area, not having to listen to the washer and dryer.

Had our first stay there last week! LOVED it! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We had a LV studio. Loved hopping on the monorail to get to Epcot. Loved walking to MK. Loved how quickly and available the buses were. Loved the dining options, the pools, movies under the stars, boats to other sites. Loved it! Glad you had a great stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter