• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another guest experience diminished.

I don’t think that poster was referring to officially sharing with Swan/Dolphin. I think they were referring to the Swan/Dolphin guests who walk to BW or YC to ride Disney buses to MK instead of taking Swan/Dolphin buses to the TTC.
I was trying to learn how OP got details on all 3 of those specific Disney hotels on one trip because they said all 3 of these hotels are doing this.

That's strange to hear. I just got back from a stay at Pop Century and thought the bus service was some of the best I've ever experienced at Disney. I never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. I did notice in the middle of the day they would wait a bit if they weren't full initially, but never too long.

My last trip (Jan 2021) I stayed at the Yacht Club and the bus service was terrible, but I figured it was pandemic related.

I don’t think that poster was referring to officially sharing with Swan/Dolphin. I think they were referring to the Swan/Dolphin guests who walk to BW or YC to ride Disney buses to MK instead of taking Swan/Dolphin buses to the TTC.
I know they don't share with Swan/Dolphin as Swan/Dolphin no longer utilize Disney bus service and don't share with any Disney resort. So that's not what I was talking about.
I didn't even say anything about Swan/Dolphin, nor did the OP. OP said BC, YC and BW. I was saying that YC/BC don't usually share with BWI to the parks

I know they don't share with Swan/Dolphin as Swan/Dolphin no longer utilize Disney bus service and don't share with any Disney resort. So that's not what I was talking about.
I didn't even say anything about Swan/Dolphin, nor did the OP. OP said BC, YC and BW. I was saying that YC/BC don't usually share with BWI to the parks
LOL, I went back and skimmed and didn’t actually find anything about sharing! I might have been thinking of another thread I’m following somewhere on DISboards, and I was trying to clarify for one of the people on this thread who is new to WDW/BW Resort what the issue is with the buses being more crowded. And also for the ones who remember the way old days when BW was the last stop on the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, BW route, or more recently when BW shared only with Swan/Dolphin. At least BW was the first stop on that route.

Minnie Vans will be back this summer. They drop off at the bus loop.
Do the minnie vans serve those on scooters? I've used them in the past but didn't use a scooter. Recently my Mother has switched to using a scooter leaving us bus dependent since we can't do uber, etc. We waited almost a full hour last year at Coronado for a ride to Epcot because there were not scooter spots left. It's torture.

Do the minnie vans serve those on scooters? I've used them in the past but didn't use a scooter. Recently my Mother has switched to using a scooter leaving us bus dependent since we can't do uber, etc. We waited almost a full hour last year at Coronado for a ride to Epcot because there were not scooter spots left. It's torture.
Yes, the Minnie Vans served scooters in the past, and I hope they'll serve scooters when they return - I think Disney recognizes the need for scooter transport and for car seats that rideshare can't fill. I can't remember whether the guest had to summon a special Minnie Van for a scooter, or that was just for guests who needed a wheelchair lift, which they had as well. Hopefully we'll hear details soon!

Yes, the Minnie Vans served scooters in the past, and I hope they'll serve scooters when they return - I think Disney recognizes the need for scooter transport and for car seats that rideshare can't fill. I can't remember whether the guest had to summon a special Minnie Van for a scooter, or that was just for guests who needed a wheelchair lift, which they had as well. Hopefully we'll hear details soon!
Thank you! That is good news indeed!

Yes, you had a summon a special Minnie Van for the scooter. There were fewer of them and they had a longer wait. They'd give you a business card to use for calling for the special vehicles, you didn't use the Lyft app.

LOL, I went back and skimmed and didn’t actually find anything about sharing! I might have been thinking of another thread I’m following somewhere on DISboards, and I was trying to clarify for one of the people on this thread who is new to WDW/BW Resort what the issue is with the buses being more crowded. And also for the ones who remember the way old days when BW was the last stop on the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, BW route, or more recently when BW shared only with Swan/Dolphin. At least BW was the first stop on that route.
Well, now that Swan/Dolphin are out of the Disney bus business it makes it all much easier. They never share with any resort, period.
Do their guests walk over to BWI or YC to use the buses? Maybe. Especially possible for MK I'd think. But not sure a large percentage do.

Well, now that Swan/Dolphin are out of the Disney bus business it makes it all much easier. They never share with any resort, period.
Do their guests walk over to BWI or YC to use the buses? Maybe. Especially possible for MK I'd think. But not sure a large percentage do.
I'm not sure how many S&D guests walk over, but that option is most definitely shared on the S&D thread here, so apparently many people are aware it exists. They walk over to catch the MK bus because they don't like being dropped off at TTC, but their dropoff location at AK isn't any farther from the AK entrance than the Disney buses are, so they don't bother for that one. I'm not sure about DS - there are probably some who would rather be dropped off at the Town Center station for the Disney buses as opposed to the West Side parking lot where the S/D buses drop off.

I didn't know that there were "ECV accessible" Minnie Vans. I always thought that the only kind that might go on a Minnie Van were the small Go-Gos that broke down. This is terrific news!

We must have been lucky on our trip at the end of March. Our first time staying at BWV and only used the bus on two days (2 trips each day, so 4 buses each day) but we managed to catch the bus at the stop on all occasions without any wait. The buses were all very crowded for sure.

I didn't know that there were "ECV accessible" Minnie Vans. I always thought that the only kind that might go on a Minnie Van were the small Go-Gos that broke down. This is terrific news!
There are wheelchair accessible Minnie Vans. Not a Traverse at all, or Suburban (which were added to the fleet later). They have a ramp and or lift (not exactly sure which) to load wheel chairs and the like.
They are these
1649191539303.jpeg

We must have been lucky on our trip at the end of March. Our first time staying at BWV and only used the bus on two days (2 trips each day, so 4 buses each day) but we managed to catch the bus at the stop on all occasions without any wait. The buses were all very crowded for sure.
I doubt yours was luck as much as normal operating procedures.

I'm not sure how many S&D guests walk over, but that option is most definitely shared on the S&D thread here, so apparently many people are aware it exists. They walk over to catch the MK bus because they don't like being dropped off at TTC, but their dropoff location at AK isn't any farther from the AK entrance than the Disney buses are, so they don't bother for that one. I'm not sure about DS - there are probably some who would rather be dropped off at the Town Center station for the Disney buses as opposed to the West Side parking lot where the S/D buses drop off.
I'm sure. Granted, the readers here are much better prepared with great tips and tricks vs the avg guest, as in all things Disney. All in all, readers/posters here are a very small number in the overall Disney guest numbers.

I don’t love the busses but in the past they have worked well 90% of the time.

For those advocating using Lyft/Uber, they are very convenient, but be prepared to pay as much as $40 for a short ride if it’s around park opening and closing times. And don’t forget to tip. It adds up.

And to be fair off peak rates can be less than $10/

Last edited:
Well that’s disappointing to hear. We changed from CBR to BW because of the number of bus stops at CBR. The whole point in paying more money was to try to make transportation easier. I guess I’ll find out in a week if we made a big mistake!
You’ll love the quick walk to Epcot and DHS. The boats are also lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter