Another insurance ?

rramsr

Mouseketeer
Am I able to purchase insurance at anytime or does it have to be so long after the deposit is made? We are not sailing until August 2021 but definitely want insurance

You can buy insurance anytime before you make your final payment. Travelguard and Allianz are a couple that you can buy on your own. FWIW, my Allianz policy would only cover preexisting conditions if I purchased within 14 days of booking my cruise.

You can buy insurance anytime before you make your final payment. Travelguard and Allianz are a couple that you can buy on your own. FWIW, my Allianz policy would only cover preexisting conditions if I purchased within 14 days of booking my cruise.
Great thank you. None of us currently have preexisting issues so I will wait a while before I purchase it.

Great thank you. None of us currently have preexisting issues so I will wait a while before I purchase it.

True, but just pointing out that if you wait and develop a condition, and then try to buy insurance, it'll be too late to have it cover pre-existing conditions. Nobody thinks something like cancer or a car crash is going to happen to them until it does.

In addition to pre-existing conditions, sometimes you can get cancel-for-any-reason coverage if purchased in a short time after making the deposit. You can usually still get this coverage later, but it will likely cost much more.

Enjoy your cruise!

Some policies let you purchase up to sail date. I believe the coverage through Costco (Travelguard) is one of those. But as others mentioned, if you need pre-existing condition waiver you usually need to purchase within 14-ish days of deposit (which includes placeholder deposit).

Am I able to purchase insurance at anytime or does it have to be so long after the deposit is made? We are not sailing until August 2021 but definitely want insurance
If you want Cancel for Any Reason coverage (helpful in a pandemic, for example), you'll typically have to buy insurance less than 15 - 30 days from the initial trip deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter