• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another law suit

Oh dear, I can see how seeing such a sight could damage one, but how is this directly Sea Worlds fault? They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh dear, I can see how seeing such a sight could damage one, but how is this directly Sea Worlds fault? They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree. If this kid has been going through psychological treatments because of this, it would be cool if Seaworld helped pay for this. However, this is greed at its finest. Trying to cash in on a tragedy. The kid is suffering however money will make everything better. And the kid probably wont see a penny of it. It will all go to his parents obviously so they can use it for their own selfish intentions.

Supposedly 2nd lawyer from this family. First lawyer approached park and asked for a set amount of money or they would take it to the media.

Mom took it to the media this week instead of protecting her son.

My thoughts.....What do you do if you see something happening that you do not think your child should see.....You remove them from the scene as fast as you can and don't stand there and watch the whole story unfold.

I would imagine that SW will settle out of court and agree to pay for his doctor but limit the amount to a reasonable figure.

I can't state strongly enough how much I hate this "compensation culture". People will always try to take advantage of the system. The courts are the only ones who can put a stop to it and they need to start NOW!

next thing you know you'll be walking down the street with your kids (wherever you live) and a killing will occur and the kids saw this happen and the parents will sue the state (or town or city) because their kids were traumatized.

Supposedly 2nd lawyer from this family. First lawyer approached park and asked for a set amount of money or they would take it to the media.

Mom took it to the media this week instead of protecting her son.

My thoughts.....What do you do if you see something happening that you do not think your child should see.....You remove them from the scene as fast as you can and don't stand there and watch the whole story unfold.

I completly agree the thing that bugged me when I read the article was that they said "he looked right in her eyes as it was happening". Really?????? What were the parents doing? I know that accidents happen, and that was what this was, but I know I would be trying to get my kids out of there as fast as I could, and if you couldn't get out, at least not let them watch, cover their eyes, make them turn around and not watch.
And also he is a ten year old, he is at an age that he is old enough to understand that accidents happen, and that it was a horrible thing to see, but try and help him, maybe try and use it as a life lesson, not a way to get money out of someone. JMHO

That is the first thing we said as parents too! If we realized something disturbing was happening, we would have picked up our children and left. It is my responsibility to protect my child first and foremost. That said, life happens. A tragedy could unfold in front of anyone at anytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter