Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Hibernation and, making plans for the future. :).

Dh and, I 'were' focused on FLA for our Snowbird destination starting next winter. We are now considering British Columbia with winter vacations South. We are going to check out the 1bdrm condos while visiting there this Summer. I'm excited about this latest development because my younger brother moved west from Ontario just over a year ago and, they love it. :)

I've only spent about a day in Vancouver and I was very impressed, need to get back there to spend some more time. In fact that's my only time in Canada at all!
Would you be anywhere near Vancouver or somewhere else in BC?

Hibernation and, making plans for the future. :).

Dh and, I 'were' focused on FLA for our Snowbird destination starting next winter. We are now considering British Columbia with winter vacations South. We are going to check out the 1bdrm condos while visiting there this Summer. I'm excited about this latest development because my younger brother moved west from Ontario just over a year ago and, they love it. :)
Unless your thinking about the Okanagan, just don't do it...the miserable, foggy, wet winters on the coast are worse than what you have now. I would not trade temps above freezing for never seeing the sun for a month straight.

Last edited:
Unless your thinking about the Okanagan, just don't do it...the miserable, foggy, wet winters on the coast are worse than what you have now. I would not trade temps above freezing for never seeing the sun for a month straight.

We will try it to see if it's still preferable to snow and, ice. Maybe, seeing my younger brother's smiling face will be uplifting enough. :sunny:

However, at the end of the day (or Season) you may be right after all, 'cause you know the old saying: "Misery loves company!"

Last edited:
@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson - Sorry I'm just getting to reading this thread, but were those pictures of the Continental Divide taken at Monarch? My DH went to school in Gunnison, CO, so when we visit his father we fly into Denver and always go over Monarch. I have a picture of myself sitting in a snowbank on Monarch Pass- taken on the 21st of June! Colorado really is beautiful, but I hear you on the motion/altitude sickness. I take Bonine the entire time we are in Colorado. It doesn't help with being winded, but it sure helps with the dizziness and nausea.

We had unexpected snow on Friday night- unexpected by me, at least! We were out with friends and got home around 1am Saturday and it wasn't snowing. When I got up around 7am, it was snowing like crazy. We had another 5". Our snowbanks at the end of the driveway are too tall to see around when backing out, even in the minivan. My husband stands on the porch and "directs" as I back out, watching for approaching vehicles. I really am over the snow- and our worst snow month is just starting!

Last edited:
@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson - Sorry I'm just getting to reading this thread, but were those pictures of the Continental Divide taken at Monarch? My DH went to school in Gunnison, CO, so when we visit his father we fly into Denver and always go over Monarch. I have a picture of myself sitting in a snowbank on Monarch Pass- taken on the 21st of June! Colorado really is beautiful, but I hear you on the motion/altitude sickness. I take Bonine the entire time we are in Colorado. It doesn't help with being winded, but it sure helps with the dizziness and nausea.

We had unexpected snow on Friday night- unexpected by me, at least! We were out with friends and got home around 1am Saturday and it wasn't snowing. When I got up around 7am, it was snowing like crazy. We had another 5". Our snowbanks at the end of the driveway are too tall to see around when backing out, even in the minivan. My husband stands on the porch and "directs" as I back out, watching for approaching vehicles. I really am over the snow- and our worst snow month is just starting!
Yes they were pics from Monarch Mountain :). The pics (and video as my husband used his knock off gopro with a chest harness) were really beautiful. I would have loved to have been able to go up there to see it myself.

On the snowing front..we've had two 'storms' in Feb (one occurred while I was in Colorado) that were amped up by our local news only to disappoint. I would hate to be a weatherman lol. We were supposed to get originally around 2.5 inches in my area this past Saturday..it kept getting downgraded and the timing of it kept getting pushed back. I think when all was said and done we got probably 0.25-0.50inches of snow which occurred early Sunday and it was completely gone a few hrs later due to the sun.

I want some snow but not too much though haha so I feel for you all getting more snow than you want. We bought a snow blower (since our driveway is too much to shovel) and have used it a handful of times in the near 3 1/2 years we've been here.

Tuesday night Aaron came home with an early V-day gift. He was concerned that if he had gotten them actually on V-day then the quality and quantity available wouldn't have been as good lol

qL40QiHiikYyzgFxILnqdVE6wcmH8ncHZbQu1FbwIFKRw3-Eh1CodLojq1dKvh6S08kdCJugv5BL_5fXQJdxzoT9v-y7r2iMqtRwhEcJGBGpTFMlEnDI8sUiJaCsq4H9tUH4a7uUXRfLyVKSPze9cWsa5YySDd3-kTalOhPbufdrOaFpSVu4IEzTWfqd9tgQ7OIdlSq2my6NIWuDr_Cnjs9tOObLG8i90fb3RiSoRUYMoRi0ipMNGGuAglB5rLiqDiYB8JX7sjyK5zk9KK6YKnLUTONcz4nflENT3WeOog7FXDr84CXKW9r08mIJABjs4QhUILYwxi-MtsAx3Bca2Uvl_2j-b3v6J6UZ80yKeeYx-2Ce6TvGVhoKhaTX2_RjM0phO0rcfwuBFR4ZXColo_MmZxUlxz5BVF4k5wpROZMXAGREolX3h8f7-BvlGZuhvh3MRqKmD2hkEFj7Tvn8g1U0FDDoHusqa5AJoKeiSp9koYia6SmVTkIaO7FT-qy06x4CpTLAGRzwedaPc3ueykdvNWVQCOdnvWbvtmbk30b7d8xIjhrbBwCvQWhY-Sqo3bbBwY-OylanJXgNbXhXAy_Jm7oe42DYBGkWaX9c=w359-h637-no

They've opened up a bit more since this picture. I've mentioned it somewhere on the DIS before but my husband rarely gets pre-made bouquets instead he picks the flowers individually usually. He's very picky about flowers haha.

Tuesday night Aaron came home with an early V-day gift. He was concerned that if he had gotten them actually on V-day then the quality and quantity available wouldn't have been as good lol

qL40QiHiikYyzgFxILnqdVE6wcmH8ncHZbQu1FbwIFKRw3-Eh1CodLojq1dKvh6S08kdCJugv5BL_5fXQJdxzoT9v-y7r2iMqtRwhEcJGBGpTFMlEnDI8sUiJaCsq4H9tUH4a7uUXRfLyVKSPze9cWsa5YySDd3-kTalOhPbufdrOaFpSVu4IEzTWfqd9tgQ7OIdlSq2my6NIWuDr_Cnjs9tOObLG8i90fb3RiSoRUYMoRi0ipMNGGuAglB5rLiqDiYB8JX7sjyK5zk9KK6YKnLUTONcz4nflENT3WeOog7FXDr84CXKW9r08mIJABjs4QhUILYwxi-MtsAx3Bca2Uvl_2j-b3v6J6UZ80yKeeYx-2Ce6TvGVhoKhaTX2_RjM0phO0rcfwuBFR4ZXColo_MmZxUlxz5BVF4k5wpROZMXAGREolX3h8f7-BvlGZuhvh3MRqKmD2hkEFj7Tvn8g1U0FDDoHusqa5AJoKeiSp9koYia6SmVTkIaO7FT-qy06x4CpTLAGRzwedaPc3ueykdvNWVQCOdnvWbvtmbk30b7d8xIjhrbBwCvQWhY-Sqo3bbBwY-OylanJXgNbXhXAy_Jm7oe42DYBGkWaX9c=w359-h637-no

They've opened up a bit more since this picture. I've mentioned it somewhere on the DIS before but my husband rarely gets pre-made bouquets instead he picks the flowers individually usually. He's very picky about flowers haha.

Beautiful! Your husband did a great job!

Wow, that Aaron...pretty smooth:smooth: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter