Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my dear Aldios! I'm thankful Willy J started this thread so long ago as I feel a very special bond with all of you who frequent this thread. Hope everyone is having a fun day even our Canadians who celebrated the REAL Thanksgiving (thanks Ronandannette for that piece of info ;) ) last month. :teeth:

And Ron thanks for asking about our house........let's just say possibly next Thanksgiving I can get back to hosting the meal....possibly. :rolleyes1

I could lend you my bone discard plates! :teeth:

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, even if it is a bit late for our Canadian friends. We went to dinner at our dear friends, as all our families are out of state. DD was home for the holiday, and that brings us great joy. Unfortunately, we arrived home from our evening to the phone call that my mother in law passed away around 5:30 tonight. Our hearts are breaking. I am grateful that DD is here with us at this time, and only wish her fiance could be here for her. I love my MIL deeply, and am closer to her than I ever was to my own mother. I am comforted knowing that she is no longer tormented by the cancer that was stealing her from us, little by little, but I oh, so wish we had one more chance to talk to her, hug her, hear her laughter and see her smile. She loved us all. :sad1:

May the memories of her comfort you, and your family in your grief. :hug:

No apology necessary.
:flower3::flower3:

My mistake. That's what happens when I stay up after watching the Leafs game. Too wound up to go off to bed!
lol it happens. Sometimes I forget I've added quotes to a multi-quote and then some random quote gets added to an unrelated thread :laughing:

@leebee
I haven't read the thread you're talking about but I'm sorry to hear it's not been the easiest start to merging of the families :hug:

I'm also so very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law :hug: :sad1: Sounds like you had a powerful bond with her too and she sounds like she was a lovely woman. Again so very sorry for your loss :sad1:

We lost Aaron's grandmother, whom I had gotten close to as well, New Year's Eve nearly 4 years ago. We had a Christmas gift for her that we never got to give her as she was in the hospital and not very lucid around Christmastime....still have that gift though all packaged up. I wish I could have had just one more night sharing a blanket (her and I were twins when it came to being cold lol).

I'll never eat again:faint: Actually I ate only a modest amount considering it was Thanksgiving. I was going to pass on the German chocolate brownie with the ice cream, but DW chose it for my birthday so how could I resist? :teeth: We had a very nice day just the two of us, the rest of the fam will be back in town tomorrow and we have a sale or two to hit early in the morning. If I can get up in time.:blush: Hope everyone had a nice day whether it was a holiday or not. Hey, pretty sure it's a weekend no matter where you are.:thumbsup2
Happy birthday again!!

We had Thanksgiving 'dinner' around 1:30pm with my mom's side and then just before 5:30pm dinner with mother-in-law's side. Today with have dinner at father-in-law's house. So.much.food. :faint:

This year we only went to one place for Black Friday.....Petsmart :rotfl::rotfl:. We were going to get there when they opened at 7am but it's Petsmart...not exactly the Black Friday sale place you gotta line up early for. We ended up getting there just after 7:30am. They always have cat litter on sale. We did buy some dry cat food but on Amazon. It was a little over $1 cheaper than Petsmart.

Last night we bought some icicle lights from Home Depot. Their 'sale' price yesterday was the same as their Black Friday price and bonus it was free delivery to our house! So we went ahead and bought them online so we didn't have to go to the store when they opened at 6am. They had a really good sale on AA batteries but in the end we decided it wasn't worth it since we still have 25 AA batteries left. The batteries were only available in store unfortunately.

{{ETA: Our icicle lights we currently have are on their last legs. We bought them probably close to 6 years ago when one of the Kmarts was liquidating and we used them in our wedding on the staircase and then again on our rental house and then again on our current home. We have 4 strands but only 3 strands will fit. We've been using the 4th strand to fix the lights that go out and can't be bought back to life with a light strand gun we have (can't remember the brand but it's been a lifesaver). We've been needing new ones but it's hard to find the LED warm white ones; normally it's only the cool white ones you can find. We much prefer the soft/warm white with incandesent kind but it's been hard to fin the incandesent bulbs lol The ones we bought from home depot are the warm white incandesent bulbs.}}

We had in the past gone to Nebraska Furniture Mart but they really didn't have anything. Normally we'd get a few Blu-rays but they just didn't have good enough deals to entice us out there.

-----------------------------------------------

All our Christmas stuff has been up since last week. Lights outside were up on last Friday; we were going to do it last Sunday but weather was better Friday. That actually worked out as our neighbor was able to talk to us. They are putting in a pool (with excavating going on in Feb/March) and wanted to talk to us about our tree that has a large limb overhanging their yard would need to be cut for the pool so he was asking for our permission. Then he also mentioned giving us some of the dirt that will be excavated for the pool which is great because over by our egress window the ground has settled a bit so we'll fill that in with the dirt and some top soil and reseed (grass isn't in the best of shape at the moment either so reseeding may be best). Plus we need to fix a spot by our driveway and walkway to our front door. One of the downspouts buried under the walkway to our front door pops up in the spot I'm talking about and so the dirt has been washed away with constant water going by it. I've thought about doing a mulch/plant thing there though for the future since it'll be a recurring issue if we just let it continue with dirt and grass.

Tree was up last Thursday night.

I'll post some pics later if I remember :D

Last edited:

This year we only went to one place for Black Friday.....Petsmart
Oh Petsmart is on our list...I think kitty litter is like a buck for a 10 pound bag???:cat: DW did some damage at Kohl's last night and she's off for more shopping just now.

Had turkey leftovers for brunch this morning. Now deciding if I'll do the same for dinner or do something creative like...a sandwich.;) Tomorrow is casserole day:)

Oh Petsmart is on our list...I think kitty litter is like a buck for a 10 pound bag???:cat: DW did some damage at Kohl's last night and she's off for more shopping just now.

Had turkey leftovers for brunch this morning. Now deciding if I'll do the same for dinner or do something creative like...a sandwich.;) Tomorrow is casserole day:)
We get Tidy Cats 35lb pails. They were $9.99 this year but the last couple of years it was $8.99 on Black Friday....so that was a bit disappointing. For reals though people gobble up (hehe couldn't resist) buying the 35lb pails on Black Friday. One year we counted that someone had bought 15 of them!

I searched for some new cats toys (not like Apollo doesn't have oodles of them already lol) but couldn't find ones that I knew he would play with so he'll just have to deal with the plethora of ones he already has :laughing:

I've been to Khol's before for Black Friday sometimes JCP but didn't feel like it this year.

We've got leftovers but we haven't touched them yet. Dinner over at father-in-law's place tonight will be roughly the same type of stuff as the leftovers. Ohhhh casserole is a great idea for leftovers...I may have to go searching for a recipe that will work with what we have. Better get it in before Sunday with the possible storm coming!

We're back home. It was so much fun to visit with family. I am so lucky to have such wonderful aunts, uncles, and cousins. Time with them is well-spent and Thanksgiving is a perfect excuse to get together. My age group and a couple of the younger ones did more hiking than eating so that was a plus, too, as far as I'm concerned. Stuffed and miserable is not my favorite feeling. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. Low 60s for the high, bright sunshine, crunching leaves underfoot as we hiked through the woods, and beautiful, clear creeks that no one fell in as we crossed via fortuitously placed rocks. Sadly, we returned home to cold rain. Blech. I want Hermione Granger's time turner.

So far I have avoided Black Friday. The deals for the items we're scouting didn't look spectacular. I'm holding out for Cyber Monday.

MacKenzie, please come decorate my house! I don't think it's ever going to get done this year. DD and DH are voting for not decorating until after DD and I return home from WDW. That would be the latest we've ever waited to decorate for Christmas.

Apparently, Christmas came early... argh, WOOF! :dog:

Don't ask not that you probably have to... sigh.

Unfortunately, I still can not post pictures because of the size issue.
We’ve been having the most unusual run of great weather - temps between +5 and -5 (mid-20s to mid-30s F) and no storms at all this past week!! We do have snow on the ground but the roads are fine. It would be such a blessing if it holds until the New Year so we can get all our travelling done safely.

We’ve been having the most unusual run of great weather - temps between +5 and -5 (mid-20s to mid-30s F) and no storms at all this past week!! We do have snow on the ground but the roads are fine. It would be such a blessing if it holds until the New Year so we can get all our travelling done safely.

Similar here all storms seem to be South and North of us thus far!
Btw, there is now a picture for my last post... hurray!

Similar here all storms seem to be South and North of us thus far!
Btw, there is now a picture for my last post... hurray!
LOL - I thought you were referring to having gotten snow when you said Christmas came early. I’m not a pet person (at all) so I don’t recognize what festive symbol is in your picture. :confused: Are those dancing Christmas gophers?

I love the pic of Charley with his new toys!!! He looks like such a chill dog.

I'll join with you in hoping you continue to have great weather through the holidays, ronandannette. I would be happy if we could just manage to stay dry here. If this weather pattern continues, though, it should be a glorious, green spring.

DD and I returned home Friday from our first girls only trip to WDW, and we have some serious post-Disney blues going on. Our trip was truly magical. We had so much fun together, but I think that just made it even more difficult to return to reality. It might lessen the blow if we knew when we were going back, but at this point, I have no idea.

DD and I returned home Friday from our first girls only trip to WDW, and we have some serious post-Disney blues going on. Our trip was truly magical. We had so much fun together, but I think that just made it even more difficult to return to reality.
Well it's not a "girls only trip" but DW/DD & I do a F&W trip once a year and always have a good time. I used to hate leaving WDW not knowing when we'd return, it really was difficult. We remedied that by becoming DVC members.:teeth: Now we know we'll def be going back, more a matter of months than years. Unfortunately now it's difficult to leave those trips with DD because she lives over a 1000 miles away.:sad: We not only say goodbye to WDW but to DD as well. She'll be home for Christmas next week so that will make it all better.

:wave: Hi everyone.

Cute doggie toys, Jane. My cats are happy with some of the Christmas turkey so I usually don't get them anything. Besides they both are 13 which is probably way older than me and I know I'm not chasing after any toys; Grand children.... yes. :love:

As many have said I am sooooo keeping my fingers cross for at least decent traveling weather for those coming and going for the holidays.

Glad you had a nice trip Twilight. My sister and her family came home last Tuesday from WDW. She now has the cold of the century so I'm avoiding her like the plague.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter