• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another MaxPass Question

Mflowers92

Earning My Ears
Hello! Sorry if this has been addressed easily on other threads, but I still have some confusion on Maxpass. I'm going to be taking my first DLR trip July 11-16th. :earsboy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like there has been a recent change allowing for adding the Maxpass to your ticket package prior to arrival? Whereas before you had to purchase it each day once you arrived in the park?
If so, can I just call and add Maxpass for each day of my trip?

If NOT do you purchase Maxpass once you scan in for the day? This terrifies me based on WDW planning PTSD. If you don't have your maxpass prior to arrival and are purchasing it on scanning into the parks, will that delay in beginning to book Maxpasses catastrophically set you behind in the FP race (slightly exaggerated, but you know)?

I'm staying at the DLH, so I THINK (Also, someone PLEASE correct me if THIS is a mistake) I will be receiving my tickets on arrival to the hotel; so I won't be able to scan my tickets into the app until the day before our first park day.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Sorry if this has been addressed easily on other threads, but I still have some confusion on Maxpass. I'm going to be taking my first DLR trip July 11-16th. :earsboy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like there has been a recent change allowing for adding the Maxpass to your ticket package prior to arrival? Whereas before you had to purchase it each day once you arrived in the park?
If so, can I just call and add Maxpass for each day of my trip?

If NOT do you purchase Maxpass once you scan in for the day? This terrifies me based on WDW planning PTSD. If you don't have your maxpass prior to arrival and are purchasing it on scanning into the parks, will that delay in beginning to book Maxpasses catastrophically set you behind in the FP race (slightly exaggerated, but you know)?

I'm staying at the DLH, so I THINK (Also, someone PLEASE correct me if THIS is a mistake) I will be receiving my tickets on arrival to the hotel; so I won't be able to scan my tickets into the app until the day before our first park day.

Thanks in advance!

No one can book a MaxPass until they have scanned into the park for the day, so even if someone has prepurchased their MaxPass with their tickets, they're still not going to be able to book until their ticket is scanned. It literally only takes 10 seconds if you have your 3 digit number on the back of your card memorized. We were always first or second at the turnstiles, our tickets were almost always scanned prior to them actually letting us through the turnstiles, and I had my first MaxPass booked before we were a few steps into the park. I know as a good planner it seems like you really *need* to have it purchased before you get to the park but it's honestly so easy. I'm a type A, commando, organized touring plan kind of gal and it was a breeze.

We didn't stay at DLH but at a Good Neighbor hotel about a month ago. They gave us our tickets when we checked in. That evening I scanned them into the app. As I scanned them, it gave me a chance to attach a name. We had three different photos on our passes so everyone just picked their fave. Entering the names helped because we didn't always do the same thing. Again, it's super easy. They'll take your photo as you scan into the park the first day, but again, super easy and no time at all.

Perfect! But CAN you pre-purchase Maxpass? Or is everyone purchasing as they go in?

My understanding is the only way you can pre-purchase is if you buy tickets only online and maybe in the app or have an AP and purchase it as an add-on. If you have a package with your DLH stay, you can only purchase as you enter. My guess is that a great majority of people using it purchase daily.

Coming back to add -- buying tickets only, not a package, and then only from Disney directly not a 3rd party seller, is the only time you can add MaxPass outside an AP. Not sure I was really clear above.

Perfect! But CAN you pre-purchase Maxpass? Or is everyone purchasing as they go in?
My understanding is the only way you can pre-purchase is if you buy tickets only online and maybe in the app or have an AP and purchase it as an add-on. If you have a package with your DLH stay, you can only purchase as you enter. My guess is that a great majority of people using it purchase daily.
You have to buy the tickets from Disney direct ahead of time and get the MaxPass option at time of purchase. Many (most?) of us around here DO NOT DO THIS. You can get discounted Disney tickets elsewhere. So we just buy MP as @BrerMama summarized. Having MP purchased ahead of time does not get you any real advantage except the short time you have to buy them each morning as you enter the parks. You will not be behind a lot of others competing for MP.

:wizard:

Oops, I have already bought the full package with my resort stay. Oh well, I'll know for next time. (Hoping I'll get to come out again!)

Definitely not. Remember that everyone else scanning in and buying MP can still only book one FP when they scan in, and they can't book another until the park (and their FP window) actually open. Nobody is going to Hoover up all the FPs before anyone else has a chance to get any, unlike what happens with FP+ at WDW. Everyone is on a pretty level playing field when it comes to MP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter