Another Military Salute Question

silmarg

SIL
Party of 6 headed to WDW.

Retired member of military will not be with us, but spouse will be. I am almost 100% certain that spouse's ID has been used to activate military passes in the past - so I am not concerned about that (unless someone tells me I should be). I think I read in a thread here that if one buys 6 Military tix one of them MUST be for the member. Assuming the military member buys the tix at the base without the spouse present, can the spouse instead be one of the tix (and not the member themselves)?

Second question related to activation. the party of 6 will be arriving on different days. Some of the folks arriving later in week are fans of "rope drop" while the military spouse is a late sleeper - which makes activation of those tickets tricky. If the "rope droppers" arrive from MCO in the evening, what options are there to get tix activated late at night? Guest relations at Disney Springs open late? Any other ideas where to get a late nite activation?

Each service member (OR spouse) can purchase 6 tickets per year. Spouse can purchase 6 as long as one is for the service member (I have no idea how they enforce this, but we've always followed this policy). They are valid until end of year date--I believe it's Dec 16th. SM or Spouse must be with others when the tickets are activated, which can be done at park entrance or Disney Springs. This can be done any day (doesn't have to be date of first use).

Guest relations in Disney Springs probably best be for night activation. Check their hours but usually open till 10pm or later. Now there is the possibility they could activate the tickets for people not there, but that is not policy--it would be the exception.

We used military tickets in Dec, they were bought on base by my military son before we arrived at WDW. We all went to Disney springs to activate the tickets and all had to be present to show ID, his military and our DLs. The CM took the tickets he received in base and gave us our actual park tickets and then we were able to split up and do our own things.

The people who enforce the "one ticket must be for the active duty member" is SUPPOSED to be the person at the point of sale. Disney does not enforce this.

The retiree spouse can absolutely activate tickets.

You can activate them at any Guest Relations location, spouse needs to be present along with her ID.

Last year we bought from Shades of Green and they shipped the actual Disney ticket via fedex. We are able to link them to MDE AND we did not have to activate them at the park. I don’t know if that has changed this year. Also I think there is a difference between buying from Shades of Green vs. buying on a base.

Last year we bought from Shades of Green and they shipped the actual Disney ticket via fedex. We are able to link them to MDE AND we did not have to activate them at the park. I don’t know if that has changed this year. Also I think there is a difference between buying from Shades of Green vs. buying on a base.
We're planning on stay at SoG in 23' so this is good information to have.

We used military tickets in Dec, they were bought on base by my military son before we arrived at WDW. We all went to Disney springs to activate the tickets and all had to be present to show ID, his military and our DLs. The CM took the tickets he received in base and gave us our actual park tickets and then we were able to split up and do our own things.
My son & his wife bought us all tix about 6 years ago and he had to be present. I remember this because there were 11 of us total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter