• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another mobile order question

digiMom

DIS Veteran
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked or if there’s a more encompassing thread I could have added this to. I looked and didn’t find anything.
I’m the person in charge of MDE; I’m the only person who logs in. We did it this way so that I can book all the park ressies, ADRs, and (hopefully) book RotR together. There are six people total between two rooms. For simplicity let’s say there’s my group and my brothers group. How do we best approach mobile ordering if we want to each pay for our own groups? Give him my log in and have him order on his phone while I order on mine? Order twice on my phone with different payments? Is the only option to order together and have him reimburse me later? Something else? Just curious how we handle this... TIA. :)

The simplest would actually be to have two MDE accounts, and link them together. You could still make all the reservations, but each family would be able to do their own mobile order using their stored CC info. Otherwise, you're going to be entering the CC numbers constantly.

Steve

I’m the person in charge of MDE; I’m the only person who logs in. We did it this way so that I can book all the park ressies, ADRs, and (hopefully) book RotR together.

You could still do all of that if everyone had their own MDE account, you just need to be linked.
I find it easier to order together and settle up later. My family does it that way on all trips, not just Disney.

I just realized I forgot to add we’re going in January. So at this point all the resort, park and dining are all set up under my MDE account. No one else wanted to deal with it and I figured it would be easier with RotR so went this way. I hadn’t really thought of mobile ordering until I was thinking though dining recently. Lol. 11 months ago it wasn’t an issue.

The simplest would actually be to have two MDE accounts, and link them together. You could still make all the reservations, but each family would be able to do their own mobile order using their stored CC info. Otherwise, you're going to be entering the CC numbers constantly.

Steve
I have some gift cards and Visa rewards... so I'll be doing some of that anyway :teeth:

Remember if you do two mobile orders through your MDE app, the second order cannot be placed until after the first order has been picked up, and that can take a few minutes or a half hour, depending on how busy the place is. You could do a big order and have them pay you back if they (
or you) don't mind keeping track of how much they owe each time you mobile order.

Remember if you do two mobile orders through your MDE app, the second order cannot be placed until after the first order has been picked up, and that can take a few minutes or a half hour, depending on how busy the place is. You could do a big order and have them pay you back if they (
or you) don't mind keeping track of how much they owe each time you mobile order.
Thank you... this is what I was wondering about ... logistics like this...

Thank you... this is what I was wondering about ... logistics like this...

At some of the quick service places in the park, like Ronto Roasters or Rosies All-American, the wait time was really short. But when I was ordering breakfast at the resort, as were a number of other people since it was the only quick service available for breakfast, it took forever!

Honestly... I'd have them just Venmo you money. Out of town guests come visit us a lot, and because I'm extremely comfortable with MDE and they are usually just coming with us for the day, I just order for everyone and they Venmo me money. With as fast and easy as Venmo is, it is by far the simplest solution for a short-term (ie - one trip together) problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter