Another Mom with a Question

kerryc6

Earning My Ears
Trip in August from NC with our two boys (13 and 11)

Have done Magic Kingdom every few years with no Disney parks.

We have one day we can go to WDW.. I'd like to take them to Epcot, but fear they will be bored... I think MK might be worth another trip (last trip August 2011).

Thanks for your opinions!

Is park hopper an option? If you hit EPOCT in the morning, you could get the headliners done (Dash to Soarin', and single rider Test Track. You would have time to do some other rides too, and come back at night for a World Showcase dinner and Illuminations fireworks.) and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. If this is not an option, I'm sure they wouldn't mind going to a new park. EPOCT has a lot of cool things. It's my least favorite park, but many Teens love it. I'd show them some of the attractions, and see how much interests them. EPOCT is really cool, and has a nice vibe. Teenagers love to eat, and the EPOCT food is the best! If they are adventurous, Tangerine Cafe has really good Moroccan food. Really it comes down to what they like. EPOCT is not so much about rides as much as discovery. Have a great trip!:wizard:::MickeyMo

I personally love Epcot. It's my favorite park. Walking around the World Showcase is really cool, you can ride Maelstrom and the Gran Fiesta Tour. You could also do Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. Plus there's tons of good food places, China and Mexico both have delicious food.
There's tons of stuff to do in Future World too; Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, the Seas with Nemo and Friends, etc.

It just depends on what your sons like. My brothers are 15 and 14 and they like Epcot because of Test Track, Soarin', and the food.

I don't think EPCOT would be boring for them. I was in LOVE with EPCOT when I was that age, because I thought all the different countries in World Showcase was the coolest thing ever and my little brain was always trying to figure out how they made the countries look so perfect. There's lots and lots of rides too, so I don't think you could make EPCOT a boring place even if you try. Even if your kids aren't all that into the whole World Showcase thing, there's still lots of rides outside of that. And, there's no way you can see all of EPCOT in one day, so I just don't think there's any way for it to be boring. :)

The Disney park hopper is a great option. You can take them to one park for the morning and then another park for the afternoon. Don't forget fastpasses to help with the fast rides

I agree with the park-hopper idea. Go to Epcot early morning and then MK later in the afternoon.

IYou should show your boys the attractions and let them pick... You can't go wrong! Park hopper is also a great idea...

Thanks for the input everyone!

I will have to check our tickets - we have 1 day left on some multi-day tickets from a couple of years ago (yes, with a no expiration option :-) but not sure about park hopper. I think we will do MK - the boys and DH seem pretty set after looking at the attractions - and DH wasn't able to come last time in 2008.

thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter