• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another pic posting problem, please.

lovemygoofy

DIS Veteran
Okay, I thought I had finally got this picture thing right today but still haven't mastered the art. Now I have an red x showing instead of the pic. At least that means I'm on my way to showing off pics. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong still? Thank you. :flower:

Check the link you're using for the photobucket photo.

The format is correct, but it does have an extra folder in the path. On photobucket did you just cut and paste the code they generate automatically?

They produce three types of code: URL, Tag, and IMG. For your selected photo, copy everything in the IMG box into your signature. Don't change a thing. If that's what you're doing and it still doesn't work, you might try changing the name of the image to something shorter.

Let us know how it goes.

Okay I finally got it all fixed BUT I think it's still not within guidelines. Please let me know if I need to make it even smaller and I will. Thank you for all your help.

The picture you have there, Tina, looks like it is within their guidelines, as Iknow them. However, when you changed the size, you changed both the height and the width, not in proportion. You should normally only chage one dimension with your photo editor, letting the other change automatically, that way, not getting the distortion you see there. And if you need simple resizing, after uploading, photobucket does let you do that in the edit function. Very basic, but it works.

Dan, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I went back and did another resizing trying to stay proportionate. Please tell me if this looks within the Dis guidelines. If not, I'll try it again. Thank you for your help. I'm so excited to show off my dh that I'm so proud of.

It looks proportionate, but assuming 200 high is the limit (that is what I have seen), use your photo edit program to make the height 200 high. Leave the width to proportion down. It should come in about 267, down from 300, but let it do it by itself. Then upload to photobucket and use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter