Another post about points and changing resorts at 7 months

petbren

DIS Veteran
I have an August Use year. 0 left in 2017. 102 left in 2018.
Wanting to switch 3 nights of my October BWV reservation to Poly. I would like to secure those Poly days before I cancel BWV.
If I borrow those 2018 points, then cancel BWV days,if I have to cancel for whatever reason, would those points go back into my 2018 use year(use by end of August 2019) , or into my 2017 UY (use by end of August, 2017).

If you have an august use year and are using points for an October 2018 reservation, they would be 2018 points. The August 18 Use Year runs from 8/1/18 to 7/31/19. There is no borrowing involved. Cancelling a reservation made with those points would simply return them to the 2018 Use Year as long as cancellation occurs more than 31 days prior to scheduled arrival.

There is a way to do what you want without having to borrow.

You can use the two browser method (e.g., one firefox and one chrome -- NOT two open pages of the same browser). You can also do this on two different devices.

You start the booking process with browser/device 1 and get to the part where it reserves your room for 20 minutes. Stop there.
Go to the other browser and cancel your current BWV booking.
Go back to the first browser and hit the refresh button. Your cancelled points should show back up now.

Continue with booking on browser 1.

I just did this yesterday for VGC changing from a Friday to a Tuesday and it worked perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter