Another price increase on alcohol tastings

I know we had hoped on doing some tastings for our spring 2024 cruise on the Dream, but I’m also strongly considering taking the same dollar amount for each of us and going to some of the bars & ordering multiple drinks based on the bartenders suggestions.

Might be more bang for our buck and flexibility of doing that whenever and with whatever kind of alcohol we want to.

If you can get Valrhona chocolate locally, you can bring some on board and order some wine, whisky, and port and make your own Chocolate & Liquor Tasting.

I’m not surprised when these keep selling out in a blink of an eye. They raise the prices and continue to get people to sign up.

Man, am I glad that I booked my tastings last week:banana:. Usually it’s the other way around for me, I wait to book something because of indecision and have to pay the higher price.
I will say that I won’t be booking any more tastings on DCL because it’s just not worth it.

Wow, that is a jump! I'd been debating dropping the Champagne tasting on my next cruise because I wasn't sure it was worth $50... now I'm considering keeping it since I'll probably not book any more tastings on future cruises with the new prices :laughing:
I am with you. I have tastings booked on our next two sailings and probably won't book any more for our sailing this August given the price increases. I get inflation and all but this is just ridiculous. However, even though some people on these boards will complain, there are many others "waiting in the wings" to take the spots that we all give up and say no thanks to in the future. As long as others are willing to pay the new inflated price, DCL has no reason to bring the price back down. Still all supply vs demand pricing.

We just did a bunch of tastings on the Dream in March they were all $40-50, including champaign for $50. I'm glad we got that out of our system when we did.

Oh, who am I kidding? We'll probably still book several on our next cruise.
Which champagnes did you taste? Just curious is there is any way to justify the $70 cost...

They were fun but not $70pp fun. I'll save my dollars and go to my local wine expo next time it's in town.

Are these only applied to some future sailing date? I’m not seeing any price increases for Dream 4/15.
I am on the Fantasy on 4/15 and see the new prices. Pick a day and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you can see all activities including the sold out ones. The new prices are reflected

I am on the Fantasy on 4/15 and see the new prices. Pick a day and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you can see all activities including the sold out ones. The new prices are reflected
Not for me.

Attachments

• EA269B18-A565-4F6E-A511-F02FEC2D9628.jpeg
    EA269B18-A565-4F6E-A511-F02FEC2D9628.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
  • AF4519E8-7D82-450D-98CF-5CCD7589021E.png
    AF4519E8-7D82-450D-98CF-5CCD7589021E.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 16
I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again at 50. Not sure it’s justifiable at 70. But I’m not sure the expense of the cruise itself was justifiable… I do know it made me happy.
View attachment 752040
Thank you! That picture is very helpful. I don't think I can justify the cost for those champagnes. I've actually wanted to try the Billecart-Salmon but definitely would be best to just purchase a glass I think.

It's like so many things with DCL and Disney in general. Word of mouth about how great the tasting experience spreads and it becomes impossible to book them. Now Disney will push up the prices until they get to the point where they can't raise the price anymore. So these might seem expensive today, but they will only go up in price.

Thank you! That picture is very helpful. I don't think I can justify the cost for those champagnes. I've actually wanted to try the Billecart-Salmon but definitely would be best to just purchase a glass I think.
Not a bad idea. What I liked more than the drinks themselves was the opportunity to compare them next to each other. I had never done that before. So I'd even recommend buying 2 or 3 glasses of different champagnes and do your own tasting. And yes, the Billecart-Salmon was very good.

I’m not seeing these increased prices on my June Alaska sailing - still ranging from $40-50. So it seems it’s not across the board yet.

We did the Mixology tasting back in 2016 and it was great at $25 pp. Reminds me of when Palo Brunch or Dinner was only $10 pp, High Tea was only $5 pp and parking at the port was only $7.00 per day!! Ahhh....the good old days!!

MJ

On our Alaska cruise last august they had a 30% off happy hour every day at different times and I believe different places! I hope they have this on our next cruise as I will take advantage of trying different drinks at a reduced price!

They had several happy hours listed on our Magic cruise at the beginning of the month as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter