Another question about getting started in scrapping...

DISNEYFANRI

<font color=CC66CC>Is going to get BACK on that wa
I ahve an album (Creative Memories) - some pages - paper - stickers - sticky tape (have to figure out how to use that) - and scissors - are there any other materials that you would reccomend???

:flower:

I am just getting started into scrapbooking as well. Supplies that I found were helpful was the CM personal trimmer, the 12" cutter, the corner rounder thingie (lol), and a great set of three scissors that I bought with a 40% coupon at Joann's. The scissors are three different various sizes(the little ones are great for doing detail work) and come in a zippered case that says Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials stitched on the outside.

I found the CM tape runner invaluable. If you think trying to figure out how to use it, wait until you need to replace the refill!

Happy scrapping!

For tape I use the 3M double sided tape (yellow one). A trimmer ..I use the CM personal trimmer for my photos but everything else I use the Fiskars. Paper or cardstock for matting your photos and a good pen for journaling. (different colors if possible). And after your done the protector covers for your pages.

have fun!!
marissat

I would recommend one other thing for beginners. They make fine point scissors with a spring to make cutting easier on your hands. I remember my hand would cramp up from cutting out titles before I got them. If you don't do a lot of cutting you wouldn't need them, but they really help your hands if you use scissors a lot.

I have a little basket I keep on my scrapbooking desk that contains all my essentials: 12" paper trimmer, pencil, pen, double sided tape, ruler, craft knife, and liquid glue. That way I can just throw everything in there when I am done and it looks sort of neat!

I'm just getting started too, and I'm having issues with adhesives. I saw some double-sided acid-free tape in a green pkg. at Wal Mart (don't remember the brand name). There were 3 or 4 rolls of tape in each pkg. Is this tape any good for scrapping? I'm looking for something that is effective as well as cost-efficient.

I also saw a Xyron 150 and 250 at Wal Mart and searched in these threads for info. Which one is the "little X" that everyone talks about --the 150?

A few more "basics" would be a couple of acidfree pens for journaling.... probably black, blue, maybe brown, a really good metal ruler (metal so it doesn't bend, warp, or get cut), a few basic shape punches, like maybe two sizes of squares and two sizes of circles (CM makes pretty good ones), a few good sharp pencils and a good eraser, a package of neutral color card stock, a package of primary color cardstock, a package of pastel color cardstock, and possibly a good desk light. Those are BASIC, as far as I am concerned!
.............P

For essentials, I would just ad the 12" trimmer, the personal trimmer and the corner rounder.

Next step, I would probably go with the custom cutting system. (Circles and ovals first)

The tape runner is not that complicated. The best piece of advice I have is to hold teh loose end of tape with your index finger with just a slightpulling motion. Also, make sure that the first part of the tape is lined up on the roller when you start. (Just pull the end ot line it up.) If oyu have any problems, just ask the CMC that you got it from. They should be more than happy to help or to come help get you started if you want.

See what you wish you had or think you'd like form there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter