another scrapbook question

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I am a 1st timer at this. Actually havent' even started yet, will be taking my 1st beginner class through creative memories AFTER my trip, that way I will have my pictures back. :p anyway. MY cm person said to only bring my beginner kit and nothing else, but since I am going to WDW, and this book will be about disney only, do you folks recommend going to that new scrapbook store in DTD to pick up some things and if so, like what sorts of things will I want--individual pieces or kits. I am using a 12/12 --I amazed myself by remembering that much. :o Are there like items ONLY found at Disney there. Thanks and hope I didnt' confuse you to much.

There are items there that are only found at Disney, but IMHO they are not the most attractive thing out there. I'd hit my local scrapbook store and look for Disney stickers, die cuts, etc. Don't worry about it too much. Based on my experience, you won't get that much done in your CM basic class anyhow. It's a learning experience and it tends to go slow.

I would go ahead and look for things on your trip that you may want to use in your book. I would however only take your beginner's kit and the 8-10 pictures of one theme for that first class. This class will be very basic and will get you started. After you get a feel for the scrapping hobby you can elaborate with lots of other goodies. Enjoy your class CM is what got me started on my scrapping addiction!
Lisa

okie dokie--that is what I will do--thanks for replies and advice. I am looking forward to getting started. Oh one more thing. My daughter (11 years) is also interested in scraping. do I go to my first beginner class with or without her?? thanks again.

By all means, take your daughter! (Your CMC will probably charge for her supplies, too, of course.) My 8 yr old daughter has been scrapping since she was 5, and we enjoy working together on our separate books! You might even consider giving her a disposable camera for taking her own pictures at WDW to use at the class.

By the way, CM now has Disney stickers, both Mickey and friends and Pooh characters. Theirs are some of the cutest around, IMO.

..and remember, once you start scrapping at home, any craft store and any items are fair game, but when you are attending something that is being overseen by a Creative Memories consultant, they like you to use ONLY their products....makes sense....

The other poster is correct, the CM Disney sticker set is really cute and has some neat stuff in it. Read back through some of the other posts on this board, and you find where others have surfed out onto the web and gotten some great finds with stickers and supplies.

A favorite of mine is simplystickers.com and she has a great selection of Disney stickers in addition to just about every other thing you could want/need for scrapping. Very competitive prices and not much for shipping, and she ships FAST. I sometimes find it easier to shop from my computer chair than to get to a scrapbook store or Michaels. I can take my time too and price the items from one site to another, look for some deals on shipping and just compare without running all over town.

Have FUN! Just beware.....scrapping is very addictive and if you are like me, you wil soon have WAY more supplies than time to scrap!

I will have to check them out--thanks. And if my daughter wants to come- I will bring her along. She already hunts with her dad, now she can do a mom thing. :)

Take a look at some of the Disney paper and stickers that are available on line or at your LSS (Local Scrapbook Store) www.mousememories.com

Jolee boutique has a line of destination stickers for all the countries in Epcot
http://www.thescrapbookplace.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=215&1=294&2=-1

You can use anything that you might use for a zoo or nature layout for Animal Kingdom

Anything that might represent film or movies would work for MGM.

I have used very little licensed Disney products in my Disney albums. Most of their products just don't fit into my style of scrapping. Let your imagination go wild. There is so much more to choose from when you begin to think outside the licensed Disney box.

Welcome to the wonderful world of scrapping

What awesome ideas, never would have thought about any of those ideas. Love the zoo, or movie idea for those. WOW--thanks. I am so excited to get started on scraping, just wish I could start now, but I'll wait till after our trip. :) Thanks again for some wonderful ideas. Mogs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter