Another Sizzix enabler!

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
Today at www.sizzix.com they have a Sidekick starter set for $27. It comes with a couple of dies and embossing folders. I think you have to register at the site first but click on Tuesday Teasers and it's on page 3 of today's specials.

Oh no....okay, will I be happy with the Sidekick instead of the original one? I just didn't have the money for the original yet, but this seems reasonable.... Do they have many dies for it? Also, what other dies will fit it?

Thanks for the enabling....

ACK!!!! I promised myself it was to look...JUST LOOK! And right now I have 3 items in my wish list! They have a bunch of the Sizzlets alpha sets on sale! This is too hard, too hard.

Dreams - there was a post on here several months back about some technical problems with the Sidekick. Haven't heard anything recently so maybe they have been resolved.

Deb

Dreams- The Sidekick only works with the little Sizzlet dies. If you want to use the bigger dies you'll need the original machine. You can buy a converter for it to use with the sizzlet dies too. I've heard the Sidekick is easier to use for the Sizzlets, though. Anybody know if it's true?

Hmmm....can't compare but I used the original machine with the converter I received for Mother's Day with Sizzlet dies last night and it worked like a dream. I had used a friend's with the original dies and I actually found these a little easier.

FYI - there are items on sale/special NOT listed on the Tuesday Teaser list!

Deb

I have both and love the sidekick. There seems to be more fonts in the sizzlets (not that I have more than one :( )

First let me qualify my opinions. I haven't tried the Sidekick, but I have the original machine and dies as well as Sizzlets & the converter.

I understand hesitating at the expense of the larger machine. I did too. Even when I was looking for a C'mas gift for DDIL I seriously considered if the Sidekick wasn't the way to go. This is the cheapest prices I've seen for the Sidekick other than using a 50% coupon, which makes a difference. Usually it was only ~$2 less than the original with the coupon making the big one seem not too bad.

The Sizzlets are very easy to use with the converter...no trouble at all. I really like the Sizzlet alphas & would probably never buy one for the original. However, I looked at their site & frankly there aren't all that many dies for the Sidekick yet. I like the ability to use dies from both.

The biggest drawback for the original machine is its weight. You really don't want to have to lug that thing around!

As for what other dies will work with the Sidekick, I've only heard that it will work with the QuiKutz and/or ClickIt. The Sizzix site says this:
"Expanding the uses of the Sizzix Machine and the Sidekick, the Sizzix Adapter allows crafters the creative flexibility to use other brands' thin dies in their Sizzix Machine as well as their Sidekick. Each 2 3/8" x 2 5/8" Adapter is made from the same high density plastic material affixed to the back of Sizzix Sizzlits. The Adapter is available in packs of 10 for convenient, ready-to-go die-cutting of multiple shapes."

I'm not sure where else to get the information. :confused3 Right now I guess it doesn't matter (for me anyway) since the adapters have been listed as "out of stock" for a while now.

bananiem said:
Dreams- The Sidekick only works with the little Sizzlet dies. If you want to use the bigger dies you'll need the original machine. You can buy a converter for it to use with the sizzlet dies too. I've heard the Sidekick is easier to use for the Sizzlets, though. Anybody know if it's true?

I've found that the Sidekick (bought at 50% off at Hobby Lobby) is better with the Sizzlets than the original with the converter. Some of my letters just weren't working well, but they did fine with the Sidekick.

It's not easy making a "Pooh" layout when your o's don't work.

Hopefully, the Sizzix products will be on sale again soon!

Anita

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter