Another Sizzix question - dies

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
One of DDIL's dies doesn't seem to cut completely through the paper. Every time I use the tag die (standard, triangular end) the largest one always has a section of one of the long sides that doesn't cut through.

I know with some of the smaller punches, they recommend cutting tin foil to sharpen the punch. Does anyone know if this works for the Sizzix dies?

I don't know if it's always done it or not. She got it for Christmas & I only tried to use it last week for the first time & it was a problem. I would have taken it back if it were mine, but she's kind of shy about stuff like that.

Any ideas?

try slipping a thin sheet of paper between the white pad and the machine as a 'shim' that should take care of it!

On the larger dies you need to push it in only 1/2 way, push down, then move it the rest of the way and push down again. The shim is sometimes needed when you have a well used white pad.

Thanks! I'll try the shim. I do put the large dies in only half-way, cut, then slide it the rest of the way & cut again.

This leads to another question, though. What is "well-used"? The Sizzix was new at Christmas. I can see from the impressions in the white pad that she done each of her 6 dies several times & a bunch of letters. (She got the alphabet at the end of Feb for her birthday.) She tries to crop every week at least once & I think she might average 3x in 2 weeks. (Just to give you an idea of its use.)

Oh - and she is still working on the 1st side of the pad.

I wouldn't have thought the white pad needed to be turned already or that a side could only have that much usage. Any opinions? How often do you turn or replace?

I have had that problem with some of my dies as well. Sometimes I have two put multiple pieces of paper for the dies to work correctly. Not sure why...but it solves the problem.

I found with some of my letters this was happenning. What I did to solve the problem was carefully flip my finger over the slice to release the extra rubber in the area, it seems to fix the problems. I couldn't get a clean cut on my letters with centers. Just be careful not to cut your fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter