Another Sizzix Question...

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
Ok, so my husband says I can use all three of my 50% off coupons for something today if I wish. I was thinking about getting the sizzix sidekick, an alphabet, and someother die. Last night as I was reseaching I thought of a question. If I get the sidekick- I can not use the regular dies right? But if I buy the big one, then I can use all the dies, as long as I buy the converter also? Am I correct with my thinking?
TIA,
Shawna

Yes, that's right. ::yes:: If you buy the big one you can use regular dies & the Sizzlets with the converter. If you buy the Sidekick, you can't use the regular dies - only the Sizzlets. However, with the "adapter" things you can use dies from other companies like QuiKutz. They're sold in packs of 10 I think.

If you go with the Sidekick, I'd suggest getting the Sizzlet tag set as your "other die". It comes with 4 shapes & each has 2 sizes so they're ready to double mat. ;)

Good luck with your decision! :teeth:

I have found that the Sidekick works MUCH better with my sizzlets than the big machine with a converter. Maybe it's just me but I'm so glad I got the Sidekick for the sizzlets.

bananiem said:
I have found that the Sidekick works MUCH better with my sizzlets than the big machine with a converter. Maybe it's just me but I'm so glad I got the Sidekick for the sizzlets.

Really?? I was so tempted to order the Sidekick from Creative Express when it was on sale and the 50% off - the deal was just too good to pass up, you know? But I thought "Do I really need to spend $$ on this?" and decided against it. I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to take alphas with me to crops.

I've never had trouble doing the Sizzlets with the regular Sizzix. How is the Sidekick better? Just in case I ever come across a deal like that again. :blush:

bananiem said:
I agree! My Sidekick works so much better with the Sizzlets as well! I don't know why, but they cut better and I use the Sidekick so much more now :)

and love it! It is very portable (used my neighbors sizzix...whew ! heavy) and the alphabets fit better on my page. Plus I think when buying dies you get more (4 in a pkg.) for about the same cost. Just my 2cents:)

cindy

I got a rain check thing from the manager because there where out of both the sidekick and the regular machine. Then I bought two dies to use with my full size die cut machine at school. I really can not make up my mind. I want the sidekick because of the value, size and I like the alphabets. But I think I have more options with the big machine. I will have to make a decision later this week. Thanks for all of your advice- I truly appreciate it.
Shawna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter