Another stroller question - Would it be easier to take two singe strollers or one

khandih

Earning My Ears
double stroller? The kids are just turned 5 and exactlay 2 1/2. I know that the 2 1/2 yo will ride everywhere most likely, but I expect that the 5 yo will walk as much or more than ride. So, would it be easier on us to take two singles - most likely only using the additional one in the afternoons, or go ahead and rent the double so we always have it. We are driving, so we will have a car, but in the past we have mostly used the Disney transportation. There will be plenty of adults. This is a trip for my husband and I, our 12 yo daughter, our grown son, and grown daughter with her two children and husband. I'm just having a hard time deciding which to do.

We took our 5 1/2 year old and 3 1/2 year old back in 2011 and flew to Orlando, with our MacLaren strollers. They are awesome, quick to fold down and throw through the airport scanner thing, and pop open again. Also, quick to fold up and hop on that tram from the parking lot to get to the monorail, etc. We were on extreme budget last time, no dining plan, and off property, so we had a couple 31 lunch totes with drinks and snacks and ice packs in them to pop into the roomy holder on the bottom. I also wore a backpack the whole time with wallet and my nice camera that went on all the rides with me, and put the strap around my leg securely on the floor to hold it tight. I clipped rain ponchos with those big plastic clips you use for beach use over the top of each stroller. They were bright yellow and it also made for easier spotting after rides. We had no issues with two strollers and the height on the MacLaren was tall enough so hubby could push one and I could push one. My 5 year old ran around a lot but he too fell asleep in the stroller more than once in our 5 days there.
Good luck! HTH! We were happy we brought them! We're going back in October, and my younger son is now almost 7. The weight limit on those is 60 lbs and he's close to that but he will DEF be using it. I'm sure my 9 year will be begging for a stroller at some point. LOL ... I sure hope he can make it. I'd hate to rent one there for my "big kid" when he wants to fall over from exhaustion. Heck, I wish someone would push ME around in one there! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter