Another 'What would you do?' thread - Fantasmic edition

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

Just checking the DL entertainment calendar and see that there is no Fantasmic on the schedule for Friday, November 11 - my fault for assuming that the show would be running on a Friday night...

Flying down from the great white north with my daughter and have five park days - Monday Nov 7th thru that Friday, flying home on the Saturday - so with no show on the Friday, it means we're out of luck.

But...

We land at LAX at 5 on Sunday the 5th and will only have carry-ons, so theoretically, if we can grab an Uber at the terminal, we can maybe/hopefully drop our bags off at the Hotel Indigo and be at the park by 8/8:30 - and I see that Fantasmic is on the calendar for a 9 and 10:30 show that night. Am I just being stupid in thinking that maybe it's worth wasting a day's worth of our tickets just to see the show?

This is our first trip to Disney in five years, and now that my daughter is 18 and away at university, my fear is that this might be our last trip together for a while - she's now at an age where I'm expecting the "love you Dad and thanks for the invite, but I've already told my friends that I'd go on a fall/spring break trip with them" conversation to happen the next time I ask, and I had just hoped to cram every last memory I can into these five days. I know I'm being ridiculous about this (and probably need therapy more than the disboards), but I guess I'm just a silly middle-aged dad who is just trying too hard...

It all depends on how much you love Fantasmic. It's just an okay show to me and my kids, so we would not burn a park ticket just to see it. Also, what if you do your plan and rush to the parks and burn that ticket, then Fantasmic is cancelled for some reason anyway. Will you feel like a fool, or will you do some attractions and chalk it up to a funny story you'll be able to tell for years to come? Finally, it is entirely possible that Fantasmic will still be added to the entertainment calendar for Friday the 11th, so it could be worth just holding out hope for that.

I would totally use the ticket on the Sunday to see the show. But since Fantasmic is right there for Friday, you don't need to.
1665719851692.png

It just got loaded onto the schedule for the following weekend, too. Yay!

Seems like a situation where they were just holding off on uploading the Christmas schedule until now.
It's really annoying that Disney expects people to make park reservations before the entertainment schedule is available.

Thx all. It definitely wasn’t on the calendar when I posted yesterday afternoon, so I’m happy to see that it’s now there. I have lunch reservations at RBT, so hopefully we can grab tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter