• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another When You Were A Kid Thread

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
What type of lunch box did you bring to school?

These are three themes I remember having, but I think the designs on mine may have been different.

flying-nun-lunchbox-01.jpg

il_340x270.904366903_cwcy.jpg

ee38390892fb3e0a54ce8bff8eb9a4bf56a705d7.jpg

No lunchbox for me. I went home for lunch everyday. On the rare occasion I stayed for lunch, I got a brown paper bag.

I lived one block away from school so we always went home for lunch. On the rare occasion I stayed, like for a choir practice or a field trip I had an orange Fraggle Rock lunchbox.

My school didn't have lunch. We had to walk home for lunch.

In junior high, we had hot lunch. I never owned a lunch box.

In grade school I went home and in jr high I ate hot lunch or took a brown bag, high school I just always ate school lunch.

I had the Archie one you depicted and also the one with the Disney characters on the school bus.

I had a red/black plaid lunch box theme. I never had anything else.

The Scotch plaid pattern? That's what I had, and hated. Switched to brown paper bag in second grade.

My mom felt the plaid "would never go out of style". She could not and would not understand it was never IN style with elementary school kids.

I had to buy lunch. It as 35 cents and 5 cents for milk. Five cents if you wanted an ice cream bar and 10 for an ice cream sandwich or one of those frozen ice cream cones. As I recall, there was one lunch that I didn't have to buy, I can't remember what is was, but I was allowed to carry my lunch. Brown paper sack. I always envied the kids with their cool lunch boxes.

Everyone went home for lunch my first few years and then they changed school hours so kids didn't have to go home. Everyday we had a short break to eat a snack. Not sure what I brought my snack in but I don't think I ever had a lunchbox. Maybe I just used a paper bag? In HS I just bought lunch everyday.

I only recall a blue plastic Voltron one. I know I had others before that, the metal kind, but I think they were rather generic (animals or some such). I still have the Voltron one. The handle broke off, but it is full of Legos and somewhere in my attic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter