Another "which hotel" question -- HoJo, Fairfield Inn, Tropicana

We have stayed at all 3. We prefer hojo because it’s a hotel. Tropicana was really nicely updated though! And a bit closer of a walk. But it’s a motel. We wanted to stay at Fairfield inn for years….and we were super disappointed. It was a fine room. Just nothing all that great. And it was loud with the outdoor corridors. We would stay at both the hojo and the Tropicana again. Have fun on your trip!

I’m trying to decide where to stay on our Presidents Day weekend trip. I’ve got a very expensive reservation at DLH, and a much more reasonable reservation at HOJO. We’ve never stayed at HOJO before, so it may be worth trying. What’s their post checkout policies? Can we still park there? Do they have a place to store bags?

Out of curiosity, I just checked out Tropicana for that weekend. $548 for the 2 nights, but then there’s $248 of taxes and fees on top of that! And the info pop-up for those fees says there could be additional fees (resort, parking, energy surcharge) collected on check-in. No thanks.

I’m trying to decide where to stay on our Presidents Day weekend trip. I’ve got a very expensive reservation at DLH, and a much more reasonable reservation at HOJO. We’ve never stayed at HOJO before, so it may be worth trying. What’s their post checkout policies? Can we still park there? Do they have a place to store bags?

Out of curiosity, I just checked out Tropicana for that weekend. $548 for the 2 nights, but then there’s $248 of taxes and fees on top of that! And the info pop-up for those fees says there could be additional fees (resort, parking, energy surcharge) collected on check-in. No thanks.

That does not sound right. When I try to book their sister hotel, The Camelot, it is $458 for two nights and $78 for taxes and fees.

That does not sound right. When I try to book their sister hotel, The Camelot, it is $458 for two nights and $78 for taxes and fees.

CORRECTION: When searching for Tropicana, I guess I clicked on the first link which was an AD link for a 3rd party booking site. Going to the proper Tropicana Inn website gave a normal quote for taxes and fees.

3rd party quote below:

Last edited:

Hojo will store your bags. You can arrive early on check-in day and park and have your bags stored, but you can only park until check-out time on the day you leave.

By the way, I understand that the Hojo has completely renovated one of their suites. Its inspiration is supposedly the "Monsanto House of the Future". So it's a very retro 50's futuristic feel I saw it on an instagrammer's story about a week back. Supposedly starts booking this summer.

Did anyone else see information on this?

By the way, I understand that the Hojo has completely renovated one of their suites. Its inspiration is supposedly the "Monsanto House of the Future". So it's a very retro 50's futuristic feel I saw it on an instagrammer's story about a week back. Supposedly starts booking this summer.

Did anyone else see information on this?

Yes, there's a preview video of the suite that was posted on their FB page on Saturday: https://fb.watch/aL0t1c2nCI/

So I just stayed there for the first time this last Saturday. I got there at 10:00 am and asked if I could park my car, so that I wouldn’t have to deal with parking at Disneyland and just walk over. They were super nice and said yes but they’d have to charge me an extra $20 for the day. I said that fine because I’d have to pay for parking anyway at DL. Then they asked if I just wanted to go ahead and check in because my room was already ready - I said great!! So I got my room super early and spent the day at DL and when I checked out in the morning I asked if I could keep my car in the lot because I was planning on going back to DL and, again they said yes, they’d just have to charge me another $20 for the day. Well I got my bill from the hotel and they only charged me for parking ONCE. For Saturday night only. So you can definitely leave your car there at the hotel and it’s SUPER convenient. :)

I just stayed the last 3 nights in a renovated King room in building 2 at HoJo. Love the Alexa in each room and USB ports that work!

yes, they will hold your bags for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter